Tuesday 22 August 2006

It's Three, Three, Three Posts in One!*

Just in case any of you thought I was hallucinating with the "Oh my gosh there are so many University aged people back in town all of a sudden" spiel... I wasn't. There are. How do I know? They were all at the gym this evening. Well, I guess not ALL of them, but still. A massive influx of eye candy (Er, I mean... nice looking fellows.) Shall have to endure (nay, enjoy!) it while it lasts since they'll all be gone come mid-terms. (Seriously, there were noticeably more young people at the gym today. It was kind of bizarre. Especially since yesterday it was practically all seniors.)

Anyhow. Allow me to proceed.

To the guy in the red shorts: I wasn't actually staring at you. I was trying to figure out what the tattoo was all over your left arm. Sorry.

To the guy on the treadmill: I'm sorry I didn't hang around and talk more when you asked for my help. I probably should have asked if you were new in town or something and blah blah blah what's that? You want my number? So I'm sorry I didn't pick up on your cues there buddy. It's partly that I'm kind of dumb that way and only realized once I got home that you probably didn't really need help starting the treadmill (seeing as it instructs you as to what to do each time you touch a button.) But it's also that I was on Treadmill #4. Which means you were on Treadmill #5. It was mocking me. Had I stayed and chatted with you, that machine would have sabotaged things and you would have ended up with severe injuries of some sort. So I abandoned you. I'm sorry. It was for your own safety really. I hope you're ok. Plus? I'm clueless.

To the Australian guy with the cute girlfriend: Come on buddy. You deserve better. I mean, she didn't even put down her gossip magazine when you wanted to show her the Time article you'd just finished reading. I'd have at least put my gossip magazine aside to read your article. Don't sell yourself short Aussie dude. You have an accent. This is big. Many of us Canadian women will fall all over you and your accent. Use your power wisely my friend.

To the cute guy with the nice smile who asked if I needed him to get out of the way when I was mid-way through a circuit: You can get out of my way any time baby. (Wait.. that doesn' t sound right.)


* I have no idea where this title came from. Sometimes I get a bit giddy after the gym. It's the endorphins, I imagine. Let's just pretend it never happened.

6 comments:

Likalia said...

Hey, just wandered into your hilarity, from a link at MissZoot.com. You totally made me laugh. Thanks!

Victoria said...

Hey, thank you! Glad you got a giggle out of it. er... me.

Hiya Miss Zoot's readers : )

Victoria said...

Look everyone! A comment!

*points up there*

Look! Wasn't that nice of Likalia to comment? Isn't she the bestest ever! Hmmmm? Wouldn't some of you like to comment too?

(hint hint)

Victoria said...

Thanks very muchly! :D

And thank you for the comment! I loves me some comments... can you tell? ;)

Anonymous said...

HAhahaha! You've made me laugh so much, i'm gonna bookmark your page immediately:-) Keep it up! xxS

Victoria said...

Yay! Thanks : D