Thursday 28 September 2006

Attraction


How much easier would it be if the people we were attracted to were automatically attracted to us?

I was out this weekend and the guy I was checking out was checking out the girl sitting next to me. I suppose that's amusing in an ironic sort of way but still....

It's hard enough sometimes to find someone you're attracted to. And then you have to hope that they're single and available. You'd think that was enough to deal with, but there's the added problem that the person in question may not be attracted to you at all. And that's annoying.

I've said before that there should be some kind of "single signal" to help us single folks out. Like, engaged men should wear rings and people in relationships should wear something similar. Maybe a circlet on their heads so we can all run around looking like Medieval royalty. That'd be cool.

But I've also said, and Mother Nature really has to listen to me on this one, that humans should give off a noticeable signal in regards to attraction. I've considered it and have decided that we need glowing auras that work like traffic lights.

You glow green when you're attracted to and interested in the person. There would be a yellow or amber glow when you weren't sure and a red glow when it was a no.

Think of the time we'd save! You'd look at a hot guy or gal and see a green glow and know that you could ask for their number or chat them up. You'd be able to smile politely at a red glow person and move on without getting your hopes up and wasting your time.

I dunno. I just wish the whole attraction thing was easier and fairer. And don't get me wrong, I know attraction grows and changes and sometimes disappears once you get to know someone, but I'm talking about that initial thing. I'm talking about leaving a party feeling like you didn't waste your night flirting with the wrong guy or gal. I know I'm being completely superficial.

I'm allowed. A single girl's gotta do what a single girl's gotta do. ; )

4 comments:

danish said...

Ha, you just made me think of this: I dunno if Canadians have these, but I've been noticing that people have 'promise rings' now. Guys wear them too btw. They're what comes before engagement rings, and can be given at any time during a relationship but are typically given close to the beginning. This is what I have noticed anyway. So I guess this could help a little bit. I really like the circlet idea though! Okay I'm going to bed now. @_@

Victoria said...

I remember "promise rings" from highschool. I never got one but one of my good friends did. She still wears it and I love to hear the story of how her (now) husband saved up to get it for her. It's sweet.

I don't know of anyone in "grown up" relationships doing the same thing but I did once exhange one of my rings with a boyfriend who was moving away.
We split and I mailed him back his ring and he 'lost' mine. The poo-poo head.

They're kind of a neat idea, I guess, but when I was in highschool I always thought they were just a way for the guy to get the girl into bed!
I was a cynical teen, I think. ; )

I'm interested to hear that they're making a comeback. Maybe soon we'll be wearing each other's Letterman jackets and exhanging class rings again like in Grease!

Hope you have a good rest!

Time for me to hit the sack as well... I think I'm babbling a little :D

Michael Colvin said...

I want a circlet! I want a circlet! I always did dig that Roman look. I think it comes from reclining on the sofa eating biscuits for too long.

I like your aura idea. It would be so great to get past all the bullshit and stop all those games people play with each other. Life should be much simpler.

Victoria said...

Circlets it is! By overwhelming majority, we the people want circlets! Wheeeee.

mmmmmm... biscuits... being fed grapes.. chocolate.....

And absolutely, no games! Cuz I really don't play them so I don't know the rules. ;)