Saturday 2 September 2006

Colour in the City


A couple of weeks ago, a buddy and I (Hi buddy!) went to see the City and Colour show in . It was a pretty cool show. I'm really liking this guy's music and he was great to watch. It takes a lot to be able to hold a crowd when you're just one guy. And he managed. Beautifully.
Centennial Square

But that's not the point.

The point is, while waiting for the show to start, I wrote a horror movie. Or, maybe it was more of a thriller. Yeah, definitely a thriller. Except, I didn't exactly write an entire movie... but I did write maybe two minutes of one. I know it won't seem very cool once I try to explain it, but trust me it's cool.

See, as we were sitting there we noticed that there were quite a few people wearing green. ( I like to keep myself entertained while I'm waiting so I notice things. Sometimes they're weird. But it's fun. Don't judge me harshly people. I'm only a little crazy. ) As it got closer to show time there were a significant number of people in green. They were selling green t-shirts... people had come to the show wearing green... there was green everywhere. And here's where the movie comes in:

Our hero is at a concert of some sort. The camera pans over the crowd. You notice that there's a lot of green in the crowd. As Hero looks at the crowd everything goes blurry. The people in the crowd stretch out and up, all bright light. There's a humming noise that overtakes the buzz of the crowd. As Hero tries to clear his (her?) vision, some people in the crowd start coming back into focus. It's the people wearing green and no one else. Anyone not in green is still facing away from Hero and is little more than a black shadowy figure. As they become clearer, the people in green turn towards Hero. They look at him and it gets weirdly quiet just before they all tell him ... "Run!" And then all hell breaks loose.

It's SO cool in my head and if I could, I'd make a bazillion dollars making this the coolest movie ever. But I nearly failed the semester in University where our writing class focussed on scripts and plays and screenwriting. (Um, I may have ended up nearly failing the entire writing class.. I can't remember. I didn't know what degree to get so I just took any 100 level courses I could get my hands on. It was a little messy.) So I won't.


Anyway. . . go get yourself some City and Colour to listen to.


Um...purchase it or... uh... download it legally from the iTunes Music Store or another reputable site. That's what I meant.

(Adjusts tinfoil hat and laughs nervously, glancing around to see if the RIAA is listening.)



Oh, and when you're googling this guy? Please note the "u" in colour. Because a proud Canadian makes me proud too. : )

No comments: