Friday 29 September 2006

Cool!

I am watching the fog roll in right now. And I'm not saying that metaphorically.

I really want to say "I am LITERALLY watching the fog roll in right now." because I totally am.

I've never seen it happen quite this quickly before at this time of day. Fog here is usually a morning thing. It's just after 5 pm right now.

It's been a sunny, warm day and it was sunny, blue skies 10 minutes ago. Now I can't see buildings more than three blocks away. The mist came in really quickly. I can feel the temperature changing through the window too.

I tried to take a photo to show you what it's like but it just looked like white fuzz. I can't capture the mist. But it's cool!


PS. I'm feeling like I have to explain myself here, because really, I'm not crazy. If you live in San Francisco you may think I've gone a bit batty because, come on, it's fog. But, seriously. We do get fog here. In the mornings. Or evenings, once it's dark! I do not remember ever seeing fog roll in like this on the afternoon of what's been a sunny, warm day. I just don't. Hence my "OOOOOOOH!" I mean think about it. You walked into a Safeway to get your groceries in your shorts and t-shirt and you walked out a few minutes later and it's foggy and cold? That's bizarre and cool man! Any Victoria-dwellers wanna back me up here that it's unusual and I'm not totally bonkers? ;) Also? I went to take a warm shower because it's gotten cold and? No. Hot. Water. Brrrrr. So... I'm going to go make some tea now. Three posts today, huh? I'll try to restrain myself from now on. ;)

UPDATE: 5:50 pm. All gone! Mister Sun won and has blown all the fog and clouds away (for now). Double cool!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Just letting you know that I linked your blog on my blog :). That video was too cool not to have you linked :)

danish said...

Ohhh, that IS cool! I like the random, 5 minute thunderstorms that the East coast gets. It will be sunny, clear, and warm, then all of the sudden BAM! Thunder, rain, lightning, rainbow. Then 5 minutes later? It's gone as if nothing happened. You ever get those?

Oh and the trip went okay, thank you ^_^ I wrote a blog about it (that I'll probably edit for tired babbling). I still gotta upload the pics though, 'cause I took some awesome ones! =) Nature is soooo pretty!

Victoria said...

thanks s.m.d! :D wheeeeeee! runs around in happy circles. (gets dizzy, sits back down)

I miss thunderstorms. The Island doesn't really get them. That'd be cool to have sudden, quick ones! Are they big and loud? I was in Texas for a thunderstorm and was SO scared, I couldn't understand why people weren't all freaking out.

I'll come check out your pics n stuff.. but right now my computer wants me to restart so.. soon! ;)

Michael Colvin said...

Ooohh the fog! Not that I wanna scare ya but do you remember that movie?

Victoria said...

Didn't watch it (hides head and sings) lalalalalalala!

dilling said...

We were camping when the fog came up Friday morning... burned off again pretty quick...and blue skies, good hikes, and campfire food...

Victoria said...

Friday morning.. you must have been up Island ways? Tofino methinks? Sounds like you had perfect weather. I need to get camping soon, I love it! Campfire food is just the best tasting stuff ever. It's the one time I'm an excellent cook! ;)

dilling said...

Stamp River....watching the salmon come home...awesome.

Victoria said...

niiiice

Jonathan Beckett said...

Last time we came over to visit my cousin in SF we went out to Point Reyes one day - to the little lighthouse that was in the movie "The Fog" years ago.

Still gives me goosebumps now.

Victoria said...

*shivers*

Fog can be oh so very spooky!