Sunday 17 September 2006

Get off my Lawn you Crazy Kids


I was driving with my friends downtown the other week when these young guys pulled up next to us in this big ol' car.

I glanced over and was joking with my friend about how hot these young guys thought they were when the driver looked at me, winked, and jacked up the hydraulics on his car, making it jump up and down a little.

I laughed and as they tore away, I was tempted to call out after them, "But I'm old enough to be your mother!" But I realized that unless I had some kind of early teenaged pregnancy I don't remember? I'm not actually old enough to be their mother.

So I sat there trying to come up with what would have been the ideal thing to say instead. I'm old enough to be your sister? No. That doesn't work. I'm old enough to be your... what? Your...

And then it came to me.

It may have been too late, but I was tempted to roll down the window and shout after those young guys, " I'm old enough to be your parole officer!"

Ha. That would have shown them, eh?

No comments: