Sunday 3 September 2006

I Am So Smart! S m r t!

So there was this really really creepy bug with big wings that got into my apartment last night and starting trying to attack me by flapping around in the light next to me.

I couldn't touch it, obviously, but I also couldn't squish it. It would have made too much of a mess. It was too big and flippy-aroundy and icky creepy for me to help it gently to the window with a book or magazine like I'd usually do with a fly or wasp or something. So I strategized.

I turned off the light it was flapping against and turned on the one in the kitchen. Freaky bug moved to the overhead light in kitchen. So next, I turned off the light in the kitchen and turned on the one by the door. Bug eventually moved to trying to bonk through that light. And then? Well, then, my genius was revealed. I opened the door out of my place and turned off the last light in my place.

It was kind of embarrassing when my upstairs neighbour and his girlfriend came by and saw me sitting in the hallway outside my dark apartment.

But hey, at least the bug's gone, right?

2 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

Well I must say that was rather resourceful of you. Luckily I have a large black cat that thinks bugs are big ole flappy snacks. Though I do have to stick my fingers in my ears and go, "lalalalala." when he crunches them.

Victoria said...

lucky you indeed . . but.. ICK! crunchy... ick!

I fully applaud the "fingers in ears singing" approach to the black cat crunchies.

Maybe I could get a loaner cat?