Wednesday 20 September 2006

My God, It's Full of Stars

They're coming out of the woodwork right now folks. Potential dates, everywhere. It's kind of bizarre.
  • A friend of a friend who has broken up with his girlfriend and they're SURE we'd make an awesome couple and we have to meet.
  • Another friend's friend who's moving back to town in a few months and we totally have to get together he's such an awesome guy.
  • An email from a guy who's name I vaguely recognize and might have been someone I had a huge crush on years ago and haven't heard from since.
  • My friend's boss who would like me to meet their son. ( My friend has met him and said she was practically drooling and wished she wasn't married. )
  • Neighbours across the street from my parents who keep asking my folks to bring me over for coffee when their son is visiting.
  • Guys who have girlfriends but my friends don't like their girlfriends and want to break them up.
  • New co-workers who think I should meet their son who's just finished his degree.

It's craziness. I go months with no prospects at all, and all of a sudden they're everywhere. Well, almost. Theoretically.

Because out of all these potential hunky boyfriends people say I need to meet? I have only met one of them and that was for all of about 20 minutes. And then he left town.

I'm glad people have such good intentions. But come on. . . If there's someone I really, really, totally have to meet because we'd be so great together? Then let's get on with the meeting already. I know you're all happily married and whatnot but I'm still single. Let's put a rush order on things shall we?

So. Let's you, your hubby, this hunky potential boyfriend and I all go hang out together so that I don't have to worry about going on a date and get all shy and not be able to make decent conversation because I'm so nervous. Okay? Okay. I'm sitting by my social calendar waiting to pencil you all in.

Get on it, or leave me in peace. It's the teasing that's driving me nuts.

3 comments:

Victoria said...

Ryan, I've tended to say "no thanks" to being set up and blind dates. (More on this later, perhaps!)

I guess I appreciate the thought from everyone, but yeah, it's sometimes hard when the people they want you to meet aren't.. well, aren't what you'd set yourself up with!

But yes, it would be nice if things went well with one of these fellows. I'm not counting on it though. In fact, I don't expect much of anything at all.

And, thanks.. .now I'm going to go around singing that song all evening! Maybe I'll change the title of the post! Hallelujah! ; )

Victoria said...

PS Does anyone else crack themselves up by trying to pronounce the words in the comment verification?

Just me?

Oh.

Well, "Jaclikynt" to you all then!

Victoria said...

LOL!