Sunday 3 September 2006

To The Fates


I guess this job change situation is stressing me out more than I thought.

This week, I nearly missed getting my car insurance renewed because I left it to the last minute... which happened to be a long weekend and I never leave things until the last minute.

This week, I left my purse in a restaurant. I have never before, in my life, left my purse anywhere.

This week, I've tripped down stairs and spilled things that weren't really spillable. I've forgotten more things than I can remember. (Heck, my parents needed a ride to the airport on Saturday morning and I had to ask them to email me Friday night to make sure I'd remember even though I had already written myself a bunch of reminders. And then I set two alarms, just in case.)

And today? I nearly walked into a door leaving Mac's because I assumed it was an automatic door. It isn't. It never has been. I've used that door a lot.

And I just this moment accidentally deleted half of this post. Somehow.

So. Fates? Universe? Powers that Be? Hear me out here:

Now is not a great time to send me a Mr. Perfect. I'd probably spill wine over him or lock my keys in the car on a date or something. Could we just hold off on any hunky guys you were going to send my way right now? I really can't handle anything else to worry or stress out about. Maybe wait a month or two? Okay?

Sigh.



I'm going to go eat chocolate now.

2 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

Whoa! Be careful what you wish for!

Oh and I just linked my page to you because It makes me smile when you do that, "ick ick ick" thing.

Victoria said...

Yeah.. I know. As I wrote the "no great guys" I thought.. damn.. now I'm going to be single forever. Oh well. : )

and... yay!

*runs around going ick ick ick just for the heck of it* ; )