Friday 20 October 2006

Lacking in Self-Discipline

I'm working from home today people.

In theory.

See, they're doing a "lighting upgrade" at work today and we were told we could work from home if we wanted to so as to keep out of the way of the (pretty darn grumpy) lighting dudes.

So, heck yes I'll work from home! In my pyjamas! Just think of how much work I'll get done sitting on my couch all comfy and quiet with no one to interrupt me.

Except I forgot that my home has the internets. And that I love checking sites and reading random stuff on the internets and world wide webs. Sigh. It's nearly 11 and I can't say I've done much actual working. OK. None. Ooops!

I considered driving myself in to work just for the quiet space and proper motivation but then I remembered I took my car into the shop last night because it's acting funny and I wanted the auto-men to look at it while I was safe at home. So now I'm stranded here. Gak!

So I'm going to try to get down to work now. I'm considering disabling my internet for a while and hiding the cleaning supplies so that I don't suddenly decide my apartment needs cleaning! I'm a dork.


But work will be done today folks.



Just as soon as I finish giving my nails a little manicure...

4 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

The Internet is SO distracting. I am kind of between projects at the moment and find myself at work surfing for far too long. I feel guilty but then tell myself I will stop after reading just one more blog...

Victoria said...

I'm not reading this comment right now, nope. I'm not. I'm working. Lots.

Damnit ; )

danish said...

I hope that in the end, you got something done, or at least something resembling work @_@

I don't see how those work-at-home business types can get much of anything done. I mean... it's just so nice and comfy at home, if nothing else. Not very work-inspiring at all. Though maybe if home is your work element, like kids and home schooling, you can do it.

Victoria said...

I did get some stuff done. Am working on the rest tonight. Last minute deadline I guess?

Maybe if you work from home ALL the time it's different, but I sure as heck didn't get much done. That's not to say I haven't. Some weekends I've brought work home and whipped through piles of work in two days, but that's usually been my choice, not because I *have* to. And those things didn't have to get done that weekend either. They were just to make my life easier in the long run.

But yeah, maybe if there wasn't anywhere else for you to go and home was work? Maybe that'd be different. Sure hope so!