Saturday 18 November 2006

Listen

We're really lucky here that we get a lot of cool music coming through.

I know I've mentioned some before, but I want to make sure you're listening.

Of all the artists I've seen this summer, here are the ones that hit me the most.

Right now these guys are largely unknown, but they should be known. They will be known.

If you don't know them already, check out

Feist

City and Colour

Xavier Rudd.

Listen to more than a few of their songs. I'll recommend my faves if you don't know where to start.

(Also, if you don't already know 'em, check out the Tragically Hip, Canada's darlings. Also, maybe check out The Streets if you like it a little heavier. I've never seen The Streets, but admire his work. The Hip are coming to town in January and I'm SO excited!)


Mmmmmmmmmm, music.

*blissful sigh*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent suggestions.

I would love to see Xavier Rudd live but I missed him when he came to Victoria a while ago. I did get to see Feist when she did Centenial Square in the summer and she was great.

That is the one downside to living up island - not as many amazing artists coming to town. In February I am coming down to see Barenaked Ladies with a friend who has NEVER been to a big concert - that should be an entertaining show for her to see.

My music tastes of late are Snow Patrol, The Fray and Joshua Radin.

Victoria said...

You should try to see Xavier, for sure. Keep an eye on his tours, he often goes to places others won't so maybe he'll head up your way!
Yeah, I saw Feist in Centennial this summer too. Loved her! (don't you love the small world syndrome?)

I hope the Ladies is a good concert. It'll be fun to show your friend a show, what a great first experience. My first concert was the Red Hot Chilli Peppers in Grade 9 : )

I've heard a lot recently about Snow Patrol and The Fray. I'm still undecided. I'll give Joshua Radin a listen too, thanks!

: )

Victoria said...

OHHHHHH! Joshua Radin is SO adorable! I just want to hug him!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm stuck at work at the moment, but I'll check them out when I get home. Thanks for the suggestions - I'm always looking for new and interesting musicians.

Victoria said...

I've got more! So many more!

Check out (runs off to find the website) pandora.com and their music genome project. Brilliant for finding new music. Just.. brilliant!

ps Stuck at work: icky! ; )