Friday 10 November 2006

Sway


I've been renting tv shows on DVD and am mid-way through season 2 of Veronica Mars. (I know, I know, but you try watching it and not loving it! It's good and interesting and the characters are charming. Don't judge me! Stop it!)

If you know the show at all, maybe you'll understand what I'm talking about. (If you have NO idea what I'm talking about, know this: Veronica is the sweet but cool heroine. Logan is a misunderstood bad boy.) I've always liked Logan. I felt badly about it during the first part of season 1 when he was such a nasty, icky guy. I still liked something about him though. And Veronica eventually did too. Clever girl. (I'm boring you to death, I know) Anyway.

I was sitting here with nothing to say, wondering what on earth I'd ever find to post about, when all of a sudden Veronica grabbed Logan at a Sadie Hawkin's dance and danced with him while The Perishers' Sway played in the background. (The Perishers opened for Sarah McLachlan here by the way. They were great. Give them a listen.)

I know I'm a sucker for romance but still . . . . how could you not watch that moment and cheer for the two of them finding their way back together?

I'm not sure where I'm going with this.


Maybe it's just to say that I wouldn't mind if a special someone wandered into my life.




Or, maybe I'm wondering where my Logan Echolls is.





Or, maybe, more to the point, I wish my highschool years had involved that many cute boyfriends.

8 comments:

dilling said...

the thing is, this guy who plays Logan is probably in his 20's and past the really awkward teen stage...even the cutest boys in my high school were never as cool...

Victoria said...

hmmmmm, good point dilling! : )

maybe I'll just date the actor?

Anonymous said...

Isn't escapism wonderful sometimes :)

I remember when I was single, watching the first few series of Ally McBeal. Of course, they ruined it when she started seeing people.

Victoria said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmm escapism!

McGone said...

I'm borderline obsessed with Kristin Bell, so that show affects both genders in much the same way. I saw her in person earlier this summer, completely by accident, and I felt like I was violating the restraining order she should have filed against me. She's unbelievably cute.

Make no apologies for liking VM. It's a great show.

Victoria said...

Ok, you may be my new hero McGone! : D

Anonymous said...

I am totally there with you on the VM thing, I watch it every Tuesday after Girlmore Girls (another guilty pleasure). Although I don't feel too guilty about Veronica Mars - it is a smart show.

There is always something about the bad boys too, or are they bad boys who are really just misunderstood good guys? Not sure, either way I too am waiting on my Logan Echolls. *sits twiddling her thumbs*

PS - I loved the Perishers when they opened for Sarah.

Victoria said...

It is kinda a smart show, eh? And I think it's not the "bad boys" but boys who are good guys and are misunderstood and through their pain they call out for help by becoming bad boys. But they don't enjoy it, what with the heart of gold and all! heh

You were at the Sarah show too? Coooool!

*Joins you in the sitting and waiting for a Logan-esque fellow*

; )