Sunday 17 December 2006

Ghost in the Machine


Biz. Arre.

This week I've been unable to sign in to comment on other people's blogger blogs.

I've tried singing in as me.

I've tried signing in as other.

I've tried signing in as anonymous.

Nothing. Couldn't sign in, no matter what I tried. It was weird.

Then, this morning I tried again to leave a comment and the most bizarre thing happened.

Where it usually says "Victoria-your sign in name" it said my Mother's name, which shares three of the same letters as Victoria, but not at all in the same order.

So I rushed over to my blogger profile to make sure I didn't somehow inadvertently enter my Mom's name or use it as a password or something.

Nope.

So I went back to the original site where I was, once again, able to sign in as Victoria.

GAH!

I don't think it was a trick of my imagination or my eyes, but I have no other explanation for it.

It was creepy. And weird.

I need me some Ghostbusters.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who you gonna call?

Victoria said...

Ghostbusters!!! Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh!

Anonymous said...

lots of it has to do with the beta thing right now... some blogger accounts being beta and some not and it really screwed up the whole comments stuff. i had to switch to beta because i could no longer comment on any blog that was beta... but some people have no problem...as for the name change?!? that is spooky. i don't know if i could handle the thought of my mom blogging in the first place....eeeeeeks.

McGone said...

Myself and another guy have been having a hell of a time signing in at Slinger's site these past two weeks. Others can - we can't. No matter how I sign in it cockblocks me. (Sorry for the language, but it's frustrating as hell - Slinger's site sorely needs my witty comments!)

Victoria said...

Yeah, that was my first guess dilling, that it's the beta/non thing. Which is lame. But let's just not think of my Mom blogging. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!

Yeah, that's where I first had my problem McGone, at Slinger's site. Was really frustrating. Really. A lot. I couldn't even leave a comment saying "is this because you're beta or have you switched?"

*faints at the language*

*no, not really*

Anonymous said...

Victoria - I was online looking at the help section for Blogger over the weekend. the only thing I can see is the beta thing, but it is weird that other people can, and McGone was abel to post just last week.
I have been in Beta for a few months now, so I am not sure why all of a sudden it blocks you guys out.

Victoria said...

I dunno man. Maybe because it's evil?

No, yours isn't the only site I'm suddenly unable to sign in to. It's really weird.

Anonymous said...

So you are able to post now? I do see you posted one one of my posts. If it works, that is good!

Anonymous said...

I see dead bloggers...

Victoria said...

Tod... but... but... if Bruce Willis is... but his... noooooooooooooooo.

What did I say Slinger? Was it funny and awesome? If it was funny and awesome, then yes, I managed to post! :)

Anonymous said...

*cough* wordpress.com *cough* vox.com *cough*

Ahem - did you hear something??

Victoria said...

Nasty cough you've got there Likalia! ; )