Wednesday 6 December 2006

Things that Make You Go Hmmmmmmm


So there hasn't been much going on around here lately. Which is why the phone call I didn't get was interesting.

That's right. The phone call I *didn't* get.

See, almost ten years ago, the guy I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with ended the relationship and asked me to move out. Broken heart and all that, ya know? I ran into him last summer and we caught up a little.

Turns out he's married now with an infant child and happily ever afterness.

Which makes me wonder why his number turned up on my call display this weekend while I was away.

That's a little odd, no?

9 comments:

dilling said...

Hmmmmmmmm, indeed

Victoria said...

Yeah.

What's that all about?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that is a very odd one to see on the display. Maybe he knew by doing that little thing it would toy wuith your mind. That is worse than you actually talking to him to hear about his wonderful happy life.

danish said...

Hmmm, perhaps:

a) he saw you walking around town but didn't have time to stop and say hello

b) he meant to dial a different number, but dialed yours mistakenly

c) he has divorced his wife and abandoned his child because he just suddenly realized he can't live without you

d)he and his family have been kidnapped by some sort of gang-type bad folk and he desperately needs your help

...no? They're all possible. Seriously!

Victoria said...

Slinger: I don't think he's the kind of guy who'd bother toying with my mind. He probably doesn't know I have call display at all, actually. Maybe it's someone completely different with the same last name and first initial. It could happen!

Victoria said...

Danish: You made me laugh out loud! Awesome : )
I wonder if maybe he saw me around town, or, like I said above, it's not even actually him.

It COULD be that he has suddenly realized he can't live without me as all of my Exes will eventually come to this understanding. This is probably the most likely situation.

Although.. my working as a spy may have something to do with his calling. He may be in serious trouble as you suggested! You may be on to something. I should spring into action!

*runs off to find my spy clothes*

Victoria said...

Um. It must not be him cuz that number called again today while I was at work. Must be someone else.

BD said...

That title, what was the song called?

Victoria said...

Same name actually : )

*runs around singing it*