Monday 15 January 2007

I Am Aglow


The sunsets around here right now are stunning.

It must be something to do with the clouds and the reflection of the snow or something about the atmosphere (insert clever Science explanation here).

They've been hitting us around 4:30 and for 10 or 15 minutes the sky just glows. Everything from a golden pink to a coppery orange. It's just gorgeous.

And once the sunset is over? It gets chilly and dark very quickly. It's quite different from what usually happens around this time of year.

But it's cool.

I wanted to pull over to watch the sunset tonight, it was drool-worthy, but by the time I got home to my camera it was finished, so here's a photo from a few nights ago to give you a peek at what we're seeing.

So purty! Don't cha just wanna move here?




The title of this post, by the way, is the name of a really nice song by a good ol' Canadian gal, Sarah Harmer. Give it a listen!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks V for the photos... it helps me get through work where there's no aircon.

*sweaty sigh*

Maplemusketeer said...

The sunsets have been so amazing! And me also without the camera! I look out the window from class and see all the beauty and cannot take any pictures! Alas... at least I notice and observe. So purdy indeed. Today's orange glow was phenomenal.

dilling said...

I am here...

Victoria said...

Ryan: I'm fanning you through the screen. Is it working? Shall I throw a snowball at Australia? (hee)

Jordan: It may be the late hour and my need for sleep, but ever since you said "phenomenal" I've been singing that muppet show song. I'd type out the lyrics but....you know... Manamanah?
But I digress. yes. Beautiful. No camera=bad. Bad, I say!

(somebody make me go to sleep )

Dilling: I know, but if you weren't wouldn't you want to move?
:)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I remember visiting my cousin in San Francisco a couple of years ago, and being stopped in my tracks by the sunsets - where the whole sky turned red...

Awesome sunsets definitely put me into "hummy" kinds of moods, where everything is right with the world...

Victoria said...

I know those moods.... "AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

You know.. glowy, angels descending ? : )

Yep.

All is right with the world.

Indeed.