Tuesday 20 February 2007

Insane in the Membrane

You may not be able to tell from where you're sitting, but, I'm heading into another wicked-bad crunch time at work. Knock on wood, it should be a little easier than last time and I might even be a tiny little bit ahead of the game. (I probably shouldn't have said that just in case it turns out I curse myself with my optimism)

The reason I can tell it's a super busy time at work is that I spent all of this weekend doing really pointless things that I've been CONVINCED I had to do. Like? Oh, making sure all of the photos in my archives linked properly to my flickr account.

Yep. Very important. Had to be done.

Why does my brain do that? Does yours? Do you completely distract yourself from what really needs to get done with little things that could get done but really don't need to be? Or am I just crazy?

I know. I should probably write a post about how crazy busy I am instead of doing any work! That's an awesome idea!!!!!!! Wheeeee!

6 comments:

dilling said...

I am swamped, myself, here commenting on everyone's blogs, cleaning out closets, and dusting beneath the entertainment center....oh crap, I meant with work! I meant with work!!!

Victoria said...

Ahhh hahahahahah!

*high fives you*

I love not being the only one!

*runs off to check beneath things that might need dusted*

McGone said...

I just got through the time of year where I find myself ass-deep in the muck... you can tell because my posts the past few weeks were at least 87% more inane and useless than usual. So I sympathize.

I also have a side job I am doing (and am behind on) and yet I can't stop reading/commenting-on/posting blogs. I am a junkie. Blogger has my fix.

Is February traditionally a busy time of year for spies? I don't know why, but I always imagined May or September being big Espionage Months.

Laura said...

Oh, if ONLY you were the only one. But you are in such good company it's laughable. At my job today, I actually got all caught up on my blog reading, entered every last calorie I consumed into my food journal, booked a couple of tours of potential wedding venues, and negotiated a great job offer at another company and then promptly turned it down. But my ACTUAL job? I think I maybe accomplished a good, solid 15 minutes of real work.

Catlin said...

Djeez, I can totally relate to that! Whenever I have to study for midterms or exams or something, I immediately go iron all my clothes, clean my bathroom& toilet, dust and mop all my rooms, including my staircase and clean out all of my cupboards. It's crazy...

Victoria said...

McGone: I can't answer your spy-related questions. You know the consequences. Also... who told you about May and September?

Laura and Catlin: we're in good company then eh? ; )