Friday 16 February 2007

To My Romance-Novel Husband To Be*


Ok, so I've got to ask, my handsome, kilt-wearing, long-hair tied back, future husband with the strong arms and romantic words...

Where are we going to meet? The rolling hills of Scotland? A ship in the ocean? Atop a field of golden wheat?

What are you going to rescue me from?

What dastardly situation are we going to have to work through?

And, most importantly, when am I going to realize that the attraction I've been fighting is really a deep love for you and all you stand for?



* Come on, tell me you're not in love with Jamie** too.


** OK, I totally cracked up when I found that site, but the Outlander books are really a great series. Really.


PS. I'm not really a big romance novel reader, but they're good when you just want to smile and not really think.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everyone needs a hobby.

Likalia said...

What does it mean that I got to the line "...kilt-wearing, long-hair tied back, future husband..." and immediately assumed you were describing the Outlander novels? (Because it isn't like there aren't a ton of books written about brooding handsome Scotsmen..;)...right?)

Excellent books, though I can't say I really understand the whole obsessive(their word on that site) fan culture around imaginary people.

Jonathan Beckett said...

I love mindlessly stupid books from time to time too.

Gorilla Bananas said...

Forget men. You need a gorilla in your life.

Victoria said...

Ynbf: LOL!

Likalia: Of COURSE I was talking about the Outlander books! : ) And, while I can understand really liking the characters in the books (sigh..Jamie), I'm not sure I understand the whole fan...thing either ; )

Jonathan: Sometimes that's just what the doctor ordered!

Gorilla Bananas: But wouldn't a male gorilla be just like a man, but hairier? ( I'm just sayin! )
; )

danish said...

Slightly off topic, but this whole talk reminds me of this.

Victoria said...

Oh Danish... that's just awesome!!!