Tuesday 17 April 2007

Seriously, Cut it Out!


OK, y'all have to help me out here.

See, I had to buy a new shower curtain liner. My liner was getting a little grungy along the bottom and my sister-in-law told me I could just throw it in the wash and it'd clean right up.

Well, turns out my sister-in-law didn't know that the industrial strength washing machine in my building would, instead of "cleaning it right up", "rip it to shreds" right up.

I tried having a shower without the liner but the resulting puddle on my bathroom floor was fairly massive and I figured I should up and get me a new liner. Which I did.

And this liner, all clean and shiny and new, right? It likes to stick to me. Especially when I'm all happy and warm in the shower. Right when my defenses are down it'll poof out and cling to me, all cold and plasticy. It's kind of creepy. By the end of a shower, I feel like I've been on a really bad date with a very drunk guy, continually having to push him away. It's no good. Ack.

So. Anyone have any ideas how to stop the billowing and clinging? If not, I'll have to stop taking showers or buy a new liner or something.

17 comments:

Catlin said...

Maybe you could hang some little weights on the bottom of the shower curtain. Out here we have those little things in shapes of grapes and stuff to hang on your table cloth so the wind doesn't take them when you're eating outside. Guess they could work on shower curtains too!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Should be interesting to see if anyone's got a suggestion for this dilemma. I've just had to resort to another liner in that situation.

Victoria said...

I'll take a look for those Catlin, I know what you mean : )

But Woo-Woo, I'm thinking I may just have to get a new one too : /

Laura said...

Ahhh... the clingy shower curtain, the bane of my existence. Ick. I have noticed at my place that if I leave the bathroom door open when I shower, the curtain tends to stick to me way more than when it's closed... so try to allow no drafts in the room in the form of open doors or windows. Also make sure the curtain is closed the WHOLE way and try to "seal it shut" by sticking it to the shower wall once it's a little wet, I find that helps. Other than that... I feel your pain! I'm all about those sliding glass doors. I swear that's on my mandatory list of features in my next house.

Victoria said...

That's awesome Laura! I'm going, right now, to have a closed door, water "sealed" shower.
Here's hoping!!!

Victoria said...

*sigh*

No luck Laura....

Will have to keep on working at it

;)

Michael Colvin said...

Ugh, clingy cold shower curtains are a bummer. Though I have to say the drunk guy reference really made me laugh...sorry bout that.

Victoria said...

Every time I'm in the shower Tod, I'm thinking, "keep your hands off me drunk guy!" it gives me a good giggle

Anonymous said...

buy a hemp curtain. plastic = very bad for your health and environment!

*climbs off soapbox*

Victoria said...

D'oh! I, honestly, never thought of that Julie.

*hangs head in shame, pushes soapbox back towards you with my foot*

I bet even if a hemp curtain clung? It'd be a nicer cling! ; )

Where does I go to buys me one?

Anonymous said...

Well, apparently manufacturers are using some type of plastic that isn't so bad, but it's hard to know which is and which isn't.

You could try here but I've never been so I'm not sure if they carry them: The Good Planet store www.goodplanet.com

Rawganique carries them for sure, and they are on Denman Island and you can order online. Expensive for a shower curtain though! www.rawganique.com/BAsc1.htm

Victoria said...

Thanks Julie! : )

Anonymous said...

Try taping refrigerator magnets near the bottom of the shower curtain,
on the side that doesn't get wet. It'll probably be useful to keep it
a bit high on near the rim of the tub.

Victoria said...

I was thinking about doing something like that YNBF.

adi said...

Nice blog, This is my first time visiting here,it's nice to meet you.

regadrs,

Kenali dan Kunjungi Objek Wisata di Pandeglang

Anonymous said...

Check these guys out: curtainbouncer.com, their gadget deals with the problem!

PS: You have a great blog!

Victoria said...

Nice!

Thanks :)