Friday 18 May 2007

Comic Relief

I promised myself when I started this here place that it wasn't going to be somewhere that I got all heavy or sad. Life gets like that and I don't want to put those vibes or energy or whatever it is out there. I like spreading the good stuff when I can.

All this means it's been hard for me lately to post. I'm blue right now and have an awful lot to sort through. Being blue means less funnies for me to share and sometimes that means not much to say here.

Ironically, I have some really funny stories from when Smith was here. Now that I feel like the dagger's no longer sticking directly into my heart (is more just stabbing through my ribs every so often in a gentle sort of stabby way) I thought maybe I could tell you some of the funnies.

I'm unsure whether or not I should get into it here. "It" being what's going/gone on with Smith and I. Part of me thinks it'd help, while part of me thinks it'd just be a drag for people to hear. We'll see.

For now, allow me to just draw your attention to the photo above.

See, as Smith and I were packing up our campsite, I noticed him bent over, dealing with something on the ground. I figured he was getting out a stubborn tent peg or something equally studly and manly. (Um, yes, I left the sticky ones for him.)

After realizing he'd been down there for three or four minutes, I did what any concerned girlfriend (OK, let's not use that word... um....) what any concerned person would do and grabbed my camera. (Those photos later, I promise)

He called me over, all excited.

"Victoria! You've GOT to take a picture of this guy! Seriously, he's so cool."

So, I went over, camera in hand, ready to get a photo of the amazing creature Smith was so enthralled by. I figured it was something beautiful and exotic, or maybe cute like a ladybug.

I should have known better.

At least it was a banana slug and not a banana phone*, right?



*Please. Don't Google "banana phone" I didn't link to it because I love you and I know you value your sanity. But, dude. If you DO Google it because you can't help it and you're kind of self-destructive that way? Well, then you should probably go here too. But don't say I didn't warn you.

Edited to add: Ok, somehow I managed to post this with comments off. Now y'all have to come back and comment.

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

I'm trying to decide what's more disturbing...the slug or the banana phone thingy. >;-D

Jonathan Beckett said...

It does look cool though... I remember drawing the curtains in our back room one evening last summer and there was a huge slug ascending the patio door glass. I called Wendy over to look at it - amazing creatures.

Victoria said...

The banana phone thingy Yvonne. Most certainly! ; )

Jonathan: I'm not so sure about the "amazing". I'd go more with "slimy and icky!" heh

dilling said...

i did it...i linked...it disturbed me AND i laughed...is that wrong?!?

Victoria said...

Nope, not wrong ; )