Thursday 17 May 2007

Humour Me

When I am relaxed and happy and talkative my conversation (and mind) can bounce around a bit. I usually manage to keep up with myself and most people, especially my closest friends have no problem keeping up with my multiple, seemingly un-related trains of thought. I tend to speak quite quickly and am rather animated and often punctuate things with sound effects or purposeful waving of arms. I guess sometimes I forget how my ways might appear to a complete stranger.

My friend and I were walking home from sushi the other night when we stopped at 7-11 for some candy. (Mmmm, candy) I was babbling away to my friend while handing over my candy. I glanced over at the cashier, told him I had a dollar fifty's worth of candy and turned back and asked my friend something unrelated and apparently quite funny. The cashier laughed and said "No, I'm not ADD-OOOH a red ball!"

I thought it was pretty funny, it certainly made me laugh. He wasn't trying to be mean, and it's refreshing to see people who aren't afraid of "political correctness" and offending everyone. I laughed and said "yeah, I guess so, OOOH, shiny!" and we all grinned and went on our way feeling lighter then when we went in.

If you can't make fun of yourself, life just isn't as much fun.

2 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

You sound perfectly normal to me...

It's the brain dead morons that wander this world speaking sensibly, and acting normally that we should all be worried about. They are obviously covering something up :)

I am always being told "where the hell did that come from" when I start a topic of conversation after having the first half of it in my head...

Victoria said...

Yay, I'm normal!

: )