Monday 18 June 2007

Always and Never

There's a wedding coming up a few weekends from now.

Friends of a good friend of mine.

Good friends by extension, I suppose.

Well, he's a good friend, anyway.

I don't really know the gal and it's a fairly intimate, casual thing.

I'm not sure I'm up for it.

The whole shebang.

The "are you seeing anyone" questions and the wedding-ness and the romance and the single-ness of me.

And maybe one other person.

Thereby automatically allowing everyone else to try to hook us up.

I'm thinking I might quietly decline.

Weddings are one thing when you're single.

Another thing entirely when you're freshly heartbroken.

5 comments:

Likalia said...

It is times like this when you suddenly remember that previous commitment you have out of town. You know the spa weekend you booked at the Kingfisher. ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been invited to a wedding next month where I don't even know either party!

(I don't even know why I was invited??)

Although I have a sneaking suspicion that a mutual friend between may have put in a word or two so as to try and help cure my "singleness disease".

Great.

Victoria said...

Oh, Likalia, how could I have forgotten? I booked that months, nay, years ago! ; )

Victoria said...

Actually, it looks yummy!

Victoria said...

Ryan: That pesky disease! sigh. Maybe they'll have good beer?