Friday 29 June 2007

Um, Ok, So, Yeah.


So maybe it's not a great idea writing this, wired as I am on Chai Tea Latte and whatever it is that they put in those to make me all craaaaazy. (Or, at least, crazier than usual, right?) But I've had to give my folks back their loaner computer for a while and am without a computer at home now. Which, like, totally won't do, you know?

I should have known it was bad when I called the computer repair shop yesterday.

Me:"Hi, I have a message to call Bob?"

Front Desk Guy: (very bored voice) "Yeah. OK. And who am I speaking to?"

Me: "It's Victoria"

Front Desk Guy: (very alarmed and alert voice)"Oh! OH! OK, just hang on a second please!"

Me: "uh oh"

Bob the repair guy: " Yeah OK, um listen. It's not what I thought it was (ie. rather cheap easy repair). It's actually this other very bad thing that has to do with your motherboard that means you're going to have to call Apple and deal with them.

Me: "Hang on. I need to put my head between my knees for a minute."

Bob the repair guy: "I totally understand"

See, I am a diehard Apple loyalist. I love em. I've always had them around.

A few years ago as I was graduating from Secret Spy School, I saved up all my pennies (for a long time) and bought myself my very own Apple laptop. It was AWESOME!

Then it broke.

Again and again.

My problem was only initially with the problem, but soon became about the awful way I was treated by Apple Canada's "customer service".

I have never been treated so poorly and let down so completely by a company. It was completely disappointing.

After the fourth time the same (repaired and replaced) component broke down on my iBook, Apple replaced it with a newer one with the promise that nothing bad would ever happen to it, but if it did, they'd "fix it immediately".

I guess I'll see what they have to say when they return my call today.

Or maybe next week seeing as they're located in Toronto and by the time I get off work they're closed and it's the long weekend and well... yeah. I'm not holding my breath.

So, long story short, I'm waiting for Apple Canada's customer relations to redeem themselves; to resore for me my faith and loyalty in the company.

And, I'm waiting to be able to get back on the internet and catch up with y'all and work and all the things that are on my computer that I've since forgotten to do.

Um, like pay my rent. My computer wasn't able to remind me about that. Good thing I remembered this morning, huh?

Alrighty. Posting from flickr so no spell check or nothin! Happy Friday though, eh?

7 comments:

dilling said...

my friend's apple ibook was stolen in a b&e at her house...after a few weeks, someone called for technical support on that computer, and my friend found outby checking her ibook account. She called apple for a trace on HER STOLEN COMPUTER(with a RCMP file number in hand) and they wouldn't do it but they WOULD offer technical support to the folks who had it...howz that for customer service?

Michael Colvin said...

EEEEEEEKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

The Ex said...

Happy Canada Day...yesterday! Yes! Pretend I wrote this yesterday!

Victoria said...

Oh dilling that's AWESOME!!!!!!!

Victoria said...

Tod: yes. eek. very much

Victoria said...

The Ex: It's still yesterday, isn't it? Right???

Victoria said...

Thanks!

And, thanks! : )

Happy fourth of July and stuff.