Wednesday 25 July 2007

Keep Going


So the weirdest thing about having my computer back (finally, yay!!!!!) is that I'm finding it difficult, once again, to put words and thoughts onto paper. Er... I mean, onto screen. Or something. I haven't managed to get back into the flow of babbling. I mean, writing.

I know I've only had her back for a day, but the frustration is that I'm full of things to say and every time I fire up the blogger dashboard I freeze up. I couldn't fall asleep last night, I was writing posts in my head, and yet here I am now, unable to "talk".

I guess it'll take a while, eh?

So. Mundane:

-the sun is back, which is awesome. We had a hot spell and then it rained. Someone pointed out that the temperature dropped by 20 degrees in a week. I didn't mind the temperature but the dreary grey was hard to deal with. For the first time in, oh, ever, I found my mood significantly affected by the weather. So I'm glad it's sunny again.

-I have two weeks of holiday coming up followed by two weeks of training. That means my brain gets to go mushy. (Mushier?)

-I really like sugar.

-I have Smith things to talk about.

-I hurt my elbow. I honestly think it was from the however many straight hours I spent holding that Harry Potter book so I could finish it. That's right. I have a sports injury. From reading.

-I found a "protein" type meal sort of powder chocolately drink that might actually taste ok. Let's hope, eh?

-yesterday as I was getting my computer back up to decent running speed I watched a soap opera. Dude.

-my photos are going to be the thing that take me the longest to sort through and order and deal with now that I have my computer back.

-getting a new MLB is like getting a new computer, but one that is kind of crazy. Like, I don't seem to have lost any files (knock on wood), but a batch of my photos are out of order.

-although, that could have been me miss-setting my camera.

-let's blame it on the computer instead though, OK?

-OK

7 comments:

Maplemusketeer said...

Welcome back! :) I look forward to perusing your musings and viewing your photos ;)

Re: The weather.. I think I had the opposite reaction. I woke up and saw the fog, the mystery, the damp goodness, and i was seriously elated for most of the morning.. giddy really. I know i'm a weird coast boy, but i miss the rain, and like the rain,.. walking about in it and the sound.. the refreshingness.... but it is summer and I know many people don't share my moist appreciations so I hope they get the sun they desire and worship during this, our sunny time. :)

Victoria said...

Thanks, it's good to be back. (said in announcer type voice kind of way)

I hope you enjoy your perusing and viewing Jordan!

As for the weather, I like the rain myself, don't mind it at all. I think, for me, this spell just hit at the wrong time and made me feel gloomy, which wasn't nice since I wasn't feeling all that cheery, ya know?

: )

Maplemusketeer said...

Oh good. I thought I was the only one who spoke in announcer voice.... phew.

And I hear ya on the weather hitting at poor times. That can be a huge difference. But ooooh foggy days.. low foggy days.. with the horns blowing out in the straight, practially no one down by the beach.. the colours springing out. :)

And I always enjoy my perusing and viewing when it comes to you Victoria. :)

May you have a grand day,
Jordan

Victoria said...

Oh, sure, foggy days are cool. Very cool.

IN FALL!

; )

heh

I'm off to have my grand day, thanks!

Victoria said...

T'anks Tod!

Yvonne said...

So great to have you back! ;)

What chocolate protein stuff? I've just tried ProtiLife but it's too sweet and absurdly expensive.

Victoria said...

This stuff is called...er... Kinetix.

But, remember, I like sweet soooooo

; )