Tuesday 14 August 2007

Posting is the New Black

So are you enjoying the now ridiculously often posting that's been going on lately? Because I am.

Also, I am hoping I can keep on babbling writing lots once I'm back at work and how COOL is that line through the writing thing? Very. Thank you very much.

Since today, we seem to be going for multiple posts (and by 'We', I mean me, of course), I thought I may as well draw your attention, Vanna White style, to the latest thing I have decided not to fix on my site.


Yeah? Do you see that? That... gaping expanse of white? No?

Ok, just look over that way

<----------- See it now? Lots of nothing. An imbalance of nothing. Especially now that I put in my new shiny moving flickr badge. (Well, OK, flickr put it in for me, I just cut and pasted. But I did manage to change the words cuz I'm tricky like that!) Maybe that's where my ads are supposed to go or something? I dunno. Probably pretty art work stuff like some people have. I just know I glanced once at my template html stuff this morning and decided not to mess. At all.

You were hopefully lucky enough to miss the disaster that was me attempting to switch to Blogger's widget based template. (The coolest thing being I was then able to momentarily put up a poll about donuts before my brain exploded and I swore a lot and nearly cried when I realized I could press a button and it'd all. go. back. to. normal.) Because, people? I am not a web page designer html fluent type person at all. Can you not tell? Come on? Who else would be THIS excited about a strikethrough font discovery?

Anyhoo. I need to finish this post soon so I can go put on pants.

So, for now, white stuff will remain there. Think of it as a happy place for your eyes to rest when all the words on the page make no sense and jumble together, a lot like now.

But enough about me. I'm going to go help my friend shop for bras now. Because, well, you know why. I'm good. Friends ask for me by name. "Victoria". That's what they say. When then ask for me. By name.

Why exactly did I post this? Well, my friends, because I can. Because I could.

This, is the Mount Everest of posts.

And now I leave you with a picture that makes my arms and fingers look freakishly long. Don't say I never do anything for you.



Now go comment about dance reality tv shows already!

14 comments:

Likalia said...

Do you want help with your template?

Though I never noticed the band of white as an error, just as a margin or padding thing (sorry html talk).

I didn't think the widget one looked that bad either though, so who am I to say. I know with my blog even the littlest thing out - for instance say a comment section not retaining information - drives me nuts! :)

The Duchess said...

You actually inspired me to learn how to do the strikethrough thing today.
I intend to use it shamelessly!

Victoria said...

Likalia, I'm a little scared to start messing around with my template more than I already have, but I'm sure I'll get around to it! I don't think the white is an error, it just seems so SQUISHY where the posts now meet up with the flickr badge.

The widget one looked fine but I couldn't do ANYTHING when I tried to adjust/change things and that was worse than faking my way through this template. Little things bug me too.

I hope you get your blog all nice and sorted! ; )

Victoria said...

The duchess, isn't it fun? Wheeeee!

McGone said...

My goodness, aren't we a little posting machine these days?

You have a lovely manicure, by the way. Is that spy protocol for when you go undercover at gala balls?

Victoria said...

Doo, do do, I'm just a posting machine and I won't post for nobody but you...

ahem.

Oh, and thanks! I'm super lucky with my nails. I never get manicures or nothin,and when I'm not doing paper work I just throw a clear polish on them (have you died of boredom yet?) and they grow grow grow. They are kinda nice, I guess, so yeah, thanks!

And? Total spy protocol. Plus? They're actually reinforced to do serious damage. I'm like Wolverine, really.

Victoria said...

K, I think it goes like this : you open with an s in the <> and then you write your words and then close with /s in the <> I'd SHOW you how to do it but, of course, it won't let me do it in comments...

Re: dirty hand comments? lalalala I can't hear you!

; )

Michael Colvin said...

You have nails like Wolverine? lol!

Anonymous said...

Wow, blogging with no pants, shopping for bras AND flickr banners.

As for HTML coding, I would think the Spy business would teach you that so you can hack into Langley and shit.

Victoria said...

Tod, I've said too much! ; )

Slinger, the hacking they teach us at spy school is so tricky there's just no way it applies to blog sites, you know?

ahem

Yvonne said...

I come to your site pretty much every day and I can't keep up with your posts! ;)

Victoria said...

Oh, don't worry, Yvonne. As of Monday, I won't be sitting around on my butt anymore and I'll be lucky to get one post off a day!

Yvonne said...

oh right, you're on holidays!
(btw, I wasn't complaining!)
ah well, you're making up for lost time when the computer was off sick. ;)

Victoria said...

Yvonne, I'm TOTALLY making up for my sick computer time! tee hee!