Monday 13 August 2007

Um, Ow.

So I broke my hip the other day.

Or, maybe didn't break it, but I certainly gone done owied it up.

I remember sitting for a long period of time writing a certain post (because I often cave into peer pressure) and when I stood up I thought "Huh. My hip hurts. I guess I sat too long in that weird cross-folded-leg laptop position. Oh well, it'll feel better in a few minutes."

Or days?

I've tried heat and Advil and now I've resorted to icing since it seems to help a little.

It also helps if I don't sit.

Which, you know, is really hard to do because being on holiday means I am allowed, nay, supposed to sit on my butt, while lying down on the couch results in naps that result in me being unable to sleep which then means I lay awake and think too much at night and get all depressed over the fact that my boyfriend the guy I thought was my boyfriend doesn't want to be my boyfriend anymore. Or anything remotely resembling my anything anymore. And by the way can you tell what I just learned how to do? Look! STRIKETHROUGH!

But yeah. I should probably go see a physiotherapist or something cuz I think I may have actually done something not good to my back seeing as my hip stops hurting when I put the ice on my lower back kind of area not quite my butt.




I wanted to put something funny here about how cold my butt feels right now, but it all came out sounding creepily sexual, so just laugh for me. "Oh, that Victoria!" *shake head while smiling*

Thanks.

Updated To Add: I lay on the couch reading for a while this morning with a heating pad on. Then I turned off the heating pad and slept, no naps be damned. The phone just woke me up from a good three hours of sleep time. I guess my body has some healing to do.

Do naps help with broken hearts too?

11 comments:

Likalia said...

How long are you on holiday for? It seems like forever since you said you were starting holidays, is the spy game so slow these days?

Sorry to hear about your back, I've definitely been there, I find going to a massage therapist is helpful - and relaxing. :) (Oo, or the TENS machine at the Physio - I love that thing, electric shocks never felt so good - ok that sounds bad - I need more coffee now...)

Victoria said...

The spy game is NEVER SLOW! Mwaah haah hahahah hah..ahem.

I have a couple of weeks off... was going to go out East...riiiiight.

I go back into training next week but am trying real hard to pretend I never have to go back ever ever.

My physiotherapist is on holiday too. Maybe he's a spy secretly?

You go get more coffee girl!

(PS Tell your website to stop picking on meeeee!)

Delton said...

Ouch! Well, take it easy. And yes, nap as much as you want/need to. It's gotta help at least a bit.

Victoria said...

I've been on the couch all day. Have maintained a steady intake of sugar and haven't napped again!

Hopefully I'm on the mend : )

Victoria said...

Tyler, I think I'll stay away from the sex with lots of people/sedatives /lots of alcohol, thanks! Knowing me, I'd end up on the news ; )

I'll see what I can do about the eating. The fact that I talk about it a lot means I'm aware of it, which is good. I'll get on it, don't you worry.

The next guy will enjoy my ass, I'm sure!

(giggle)

danish said...

Hey Miss Victoria~~

So I leave for a little while and now I read that all this drama has happened and whaaaa?

Well... wow. I feel bad for you, what with all the grief you're feeling--both mental and physical.

Naps are great, but when things like this happen to me, I find that sleeping makes it worse--so I work. A lot. Seriously. Not only does it keep me busy doing something good, but I get paid for it, too.

So maybe you could put in some more spy hours. Go places. Take more pictures. Call your family. Do stuff you can walk away from feeling like you've done something good. They say time heals all, and I guess it does, yeah, but I don't think it hurts to do something fun and distracting in the meantime. Something good to look back on, you know?

But more than anything, I hope you feel better. However you do it. Please don't break any more bones though. 's bad for you. ;)

Victoria said...

I know Danish! You, apparently can't go away anymore! ; )

I didn't actually break anything, I was just being overly dramatic. Sorry 'bout that.

I'm on holiday from work right now and am lothe to call them up and ask if I can come back early so... maybe I'll take more pictures/do something different instead! Right now I've been distracting myself with videos and internet, but taking photos might be a good way to get off the couch!

I'm sure I'll feel better eventually. Right now I'm just taking it easy. Thanks though.

Glad you had a good trip!

Martha said...

I usually get more sleep during a nap than I do "sleep time". It is not uncommon for me to take 5 hour naps. Or to go down for a "couple hour nap" and sleep for 15 hours.

I hope you feel better, all around.

Victoria said...

Psssst, Martha? Don't tell, but sometimes I do that too! I can sleep for AGES in a nap and then some nights go to sleep and not wake up for what seems an amazing amount of time to most people! Maybe some of us are just sleepier? : )

Michael Colvin said...

Ouch! And naps are always good, just get plenty of cushions to support that hip.

Oh and don't fall asleep on the couch in the window like I did so the neighbour can see the trail of drool when he passes by with the mower.

Victoria said...

Oh, Tod, that's just the sort of thing I'd do, sleeping all drool-y where the neighbour could see! lol

The hip is much better today, all my lying around seems to have helped! Yay me!