Friday 14 September 2007

Early Fall


This week has been lovely, weather-wise.

I can tell, in some ways, that it's nearly fall; I've woken up in the night once or twice thinking about putting on another blanket and I've found myself heading to work in the early morning needing a jacket that isn't worn by the time I'm on my coffee break.

But in other ways, I can stare dreamily out the window and imagine I'm smack dab in the middle of my summer vacation and that's quite lovely.

There's the occasional leaf turning and falling here or there, but the days have turned golden and bright and warm and luscious and the bees and wasps are staggering around drunkenly as the geese fly noisily overhead in their straggling V shaped families.

September is here, let the real New Year begin.

Every change of season I'm reminded why I'm so completely in love with living here. How could you not?

5 comments:

dilling said...

on dog walks yesterday, there were lots of leaves on the ground and the big leaf maples are turning....
sigh.

The Ex said...

It seems the same here but I can tell it's getting to be fall by the light. I wish our trees changed colors and dropped leaves.

Delton said...

Sounds beautiful! I'm pretty sure I've seen some of those same geese passing over my head too.

I love the fall.

Laura said...

I know! The leaves are starting to turn rust and fall, and the mornings and evenings are crisp and my car's windshield covered with a sheet of dew, but during the middle of the day it still *feels* like summer. This is my favourite season by far. And it makes me want to go shopping for sweaters and boots and that is never a bad thing.

Victoria said...

Dilling, it's kind of bittersweet eh?

The Ex, what do your trees do? Just stay green? Also, don't forget, we have to rake up all those dropped leaves! ; )

Delton, you've no doubt heard them, the noisy things!

Laura, I know a ton of people who are looking forward to fall shopping! :D