Friday 28 September 2007

I Believe


Life is an amazing, beautiful, loving thing.

My life, with or without a boyfriend feels good again, feels fine. I'm finding joy in things again and I'm so grateful for that. I wasn't always sure I'd make it back to this place, to be honest.

This post isn't as coherent and I'd like to be, I'm having a hard time putting my feelings into words what will make sense to you...but:

The skies have been breathtaking these last few evenings....

And

This site lets me connect to human beings in a way that lifts me up and reminds me how wonderful human beings can be and how much I love people, how good we all can be....

And

My bed is so comfortable at the end of a long day that I smile each time I flop down in it....

And

I believe, one again, that everything's going to be OK.


I'd hug you all right now if I could. And while I'm feeling this way, let's enjoy it.... go hug someone for me kay?

17 comments:

danish said...

...hey!

Glad you're feeling better...it's a slow but sure thing, right?

That's a really pretty sky pic by the way. It definitely reminds me of that song, golden slumbers... wait, was that what it was called, or..?

Okay nevermind. But good for you on feeling better!

dilling said...

aw, shucks....

Anonymous said...

There's no one in my "pod" today to hug. But I'll give my Quaker Choclate Granola Bites a little thanks-for-being-so-delicious hug.

Likalia said...

Yay hugs!

*hugs*

*runs off to find someone to hug*

(I think I've had too much coffee this morning. ;) Glad you are feeling happier.)

Victoria said...

Hey Danish! Yeah, it is called Golden Slumbers and is one of my (many) favourites from them boys. The feeling better is a slow thing and sometimes it's a backwards moving thing, but I'm glad it's good right now. Hope you're hanging in too...

Dilling: *kicking up the dust while blushing*

A Martini, give those little Bites a hug/chomp for me too! ;)

Likalia... yay coffee, yay hugs, yay happier, yay! :D

The Single Girl said...

Awesome post.

*hugs*

Victoria said...

Thanks!

(The funniest thing about this post, for me, is that every time I read the title I start singing "I believe the children are our future" :D )

McGone said...

Glad you're feeling this positive, V. High Five yourself for me, would ya?

Victoria said...

Um, I kind of missed and slapped myself in the forehead, but the thought was there, thanks! ; )

Yvonne said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! {{hugs}}

Victoria said...

: )

Jenn O'Neil said...

Voctoria - glad you are feeling better - here's a hug from me to you all the way across the country (I'm on the East coast).

XXXX

Victoria said...

Coast to coast hug, hurrah!

: )

Delton said...

I go away for a couple of days and you decide to have hugfest 2007? Am I too late? Did I miss out? *hugs the air blindly*

Victoria said...

Let's make it all hugfest all the time and then no one ever has to miss out!

Go on, hug! lol

TheManOnStilts said...

I've gotta say that those words lifted my mood. That was awesome. I will hug someone.

And this is a hug for you.

Victoria said...

Awwww, thanks!

Hugs back :)