Wednesday 10 October 2007

Now Gentlemen? *That's* The Way You Do It

This last weekend I ended up going into the computer department of London Drugs three separate times on three consecutive days. (Bought something cool, yes I did! But then it didn't work. But then I fixed something and it did! I'm so smart.)

Each time I ran into the same, cute, helpful guy who worked there. So on my final visit I asked him if he had some good plans for Thanksgiving (hello, trying my bestest to be flirty, right? I know you're all proud!) and he paused and said "Yes, I think we know what we're doing."

See guys, you always have an opportunity to let us hot (possibly flirting with you) chicks know that you're taken/involved and a real man lays it out like that as soon as possible.

I've talked before about how gross and sleazy I think it is when guys mention their girlfriend/fiancee way late into a conversation (or sometimes not at all for a few dates, ahem) instead of right away.

If you're committed to her, all you have to to is just drop a "we" or "my girlfriend" or something. If you're not committed to her then break up with her and you're free to flirt.

I don't know if this guy at the store did it on purpose or if he's just so happy in his relationship he thinks of himself as a "we" (Or, if as I suspect most of you are going to tell me, he was clueless and had no idea.) I just thought it was very studly and manly and gentlemanly of him to do it.

9 comments:

minijonb said...

but when he paused... i wonder if you tempted him just a little?

danish said...

Whoa whoa whoa hold on. You may be giving him too much credit.

What if he has that borderline personality disorder thing? He could be referring to his dominant personality and his other one named Fred. He also could have been using the royal we and just referring to himself.

;)

Okay but seriously, yeah, that's cool. It's nice to see good people around in the world still.

Likalia said...

Or you know he could have been referring to the 'we' of his parents and himself, because he stills lives at home, or his roommates back at the frat house. ;)

Or is that really cynical of me?

What cool thing did you buy?

Jenn O'Neil said...

Excellent excellent point Victoria. It's even worse when they are married and don't wear a ring and THEN mention "my wife and I" well into the coversation. I'm convinced they are just looking for the ego boost.....those bastards.

Victoria said...

minijonb, I can always imagine he did, right? ; )

Danish, I was totally thinking that the other night, what if he was like "yeah, me and the voices in my head have plans!" giggle.

Likalia, true enough. Or maybe he and his adorable dog? I bought a Bamboo tablet! 'S fun :D

Jenn, I'm doing that head shake thing. (you know, tsk, head shake... ) Can you see me? : )

Jonathan Beckett said...

You have to also remember that guys are far more simple than you clever, complex, female types :)

We have no idea you are fishing until you make it absolutely obvious - like touching our hand or something.

Really, we are that stupid.

Victoria said...

Man oh man... how the human race survives is beyond me sometimes! hee hee.

silly boys.; )

Michael Colvin said...

LoL at the voices in the head thing. Of course he could also have been thinking of the gorgeous hunk of a boyfriend waiting at home for him. Just saying.

Victoria said...

Tod, that thought totally crossed my mind too. I was just glad he was telling me he was a We at all : )