Thursday 18 October 2007

October Wears the Colour of a Rusting Piece of Tin


I don't know what's going on where you live, (The Ex mentioned a while ago that she wished her leaves were changing colours) but fall is being totally awesome around here.

Yes, I know it's raining (temperate rain forest, 'member?) but it's also windy sometimes and then all the leaves (all gold and orange and brown and beautiful) fall and swirl and it's just awesome!

A couple of months ago, I mentioned a Spirit of the West song from which I took today's title. It kept on running through my head and I've been watching the trees for that rusting piece of tin colour.

And it's here.

If it's where you live too? Enjoy it.

Things only last so long, but they're oh so beautiful while they're here.

If you live here, or near here, look around. Find the dark green and light green leaves and the yellow leaves and the orange and purple and red leaves. Look at how they all contrast and compliment each other and how the streets seem to be this mass of colours.

It's delicious.


Take the time to look at it; the beauty out there right now is hard to resist. Just looking out my window right now I can see seven different shades of leaves. And three of those are on the same tree!


A lesson in multiculturalism from nature; it is the combination of colours that makes the world beautiful.

6 comments:

Delton said...

Things are still mostly green around here, but soon, very, very soon the tide will turn and all those beautiful colors of which you spoke will come pouring out. I can't wait.

And what an awesome tie-in to multiculturalism, too. I completely agree.

The Ex said...

Green green green here.

I did wake up last night to the delicious sound of rain pounding on the roof.

minijonb said...

i like to enjoy the change of color as much as i can before the cold, white winter closes in. nice pix.

Victoria said...

Delton, I guess fall sort of makes its way down eh? Unless, of course, you're in the other hemisphere and then it's Spring! : )

Ex, if you love the sound of rain, come visit us! We're awesome with it right now.

Minijonb, we usually don't get much white here but it's still worth enjoying while it's here.

Thanks!

Michael Colvin said...

We are enjoying those colours here too. It is beautiful when the sun shines. I love the multiculture comment.

Victoria said...

It is so lovely when the sun shines through them! : )

I'm glad you liked the comment. :D