Wednesday 3 October 2007

Recurring


I'm having a lot of recurring dreams these past few weeks. I think of them as nightmares because they're disturbing, they bother me even once I wake up and they mean my sleep is not at all restful.

In these dreams I'm pregnant. Usually fairly newly pregnant and not really showing although that's just last night's. I think the first time I had this dream I was all belly and shuffling waddle steps.

I figure these dreams are due to the fact that a good friend of mine is pregnant and had an infection that ended her up in the hospital for a week to make sure everything was ok with, well, all that stuff, you know?

I wonder if worrying about her and visiting her and seeing the stress on her normally easy-going husband's face crept into my subconscious. In my dreams I'm not only pregnant, but pregnant and dealing with some massive problem like a huge earthquake or having to get my ex's van driven somewhere even though it was huge and impossible to drive and I was pregnant and not supposed to be driving a van (don't ask, I have no idea).

I looked up "pregnancy in dreams" and apparently either I'm pregnant (scoff, not unless it's a miracle birth, dude) or it represents "an aspect of [my]self or some aspect of [my] personal life that is growing and developing. [I] may not be ready to talk about it or act on it. This may also represent the birth of a new idea, direction, project or goal."

Well ok, so one of my good friends is pregnant, I get why that might be showing up in my dreams. And I do have growing and developing creative stuff going on at work right now that is blowing my mind a little, so I get how that might transfer into "pregnant" imagery. But dude, do we have to be so stressed out about it all? Why for the earthquakes and vans and bad bad stuff for poor pregnant dream me?

I just wanna get a good night's sleep without having to save the world and stuff, mkay?

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had preggers dreams before one of my best friends announced she was pregnant. I think you can sometimes get other people's dreams, if you have a close connection to them.

Likalia said...

Why wouldn't you, a spy, have stressful dreams about having to save the world while pregnant. It seems perfectly normal to me, though it also rather disconcerting.

Hope you have some sweet dreams soon, I know what recurring dreams are like on the psyche. Mine are most strange.

Oh and a Happy DeLurking Day to you!. :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I tend to think there is far more to the world than we think we know about - and it probably explains all sorts of things - like premonition, deja vu, and so on.

Of course religious people explain everything with God.

Victoria said...

OK so, A Martini, hopefully my preggers dreams are from my pregnant friend or maybe my trying to get pregnant friend! That'd be cool. I know what you mean about other people's dreams....

Likalia, that's so darn true. I'm having spy dreams, why didn't I realize it? ; )Oh yeahhhh, delurking day! I guess I know what I have to do tonight! : )

Jonathan, so maybe I should be extra careful with my birth control next time I'm getting wild and crazy eh? ; )

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Just trying to be a good de-lurker and leave a comment for you...too bad I have nothing substantial to offer as explanation for the stressful pregnancy dreams;>

Victoria said...

: )

Anonymous said...

Dreams make no sense to me at all :)

Victoria said...

I know what you mean, but isn't it funny how they make TOTAL sense while you're in them? ; )

dilling said...

Oh, those baby dreams would creep me out no end!

Victoria said...

Yeah,they're doing a number on me, that's for sure!

McGone said...

At my old job, a new management team came in and the Ad Director was a bit of an idiot, if I can resort to name calling.* My friend started having recurring dreams that she was pregnant, and I had a dream that I had to assassinate Abe Lincoln. Both pregnancy dreams and assassination dreams are supposed to mean adversity to change, and I have to agree with that.

So theres my .02¢.



*Seriously though, hands down the single most inept person I have ever met.

Victoria said...

Hey McGone, your two cents worth is now worth two cents Canadian too!

Woo hooooo! Go loonie! ; )

Oh, and how'd the whole assassination thing go for ya?

Wow... that's a lot of esses.