Wednesday 14 November 2007

How About Another Song Then, Eh?


Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars

Chasing Cars

We'll do it all
Everything
On our own.

We don't need
Anything.
Or anyone.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

I don't quite knowHow to sayHow I feel.

Those three words
I've said too much
They're not enough.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

Forget what we're toldBefore we get too old.Show me a garden that's bursting into life.

Let's waste time
Chasing cars
Around our heads.

I need your GraceTo remind meTo find my own.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me
And just forget the world?

Forget what we're told
Before we get too old.
Show me a garden that's bursting into life

All that I amAll that I ever wasIs here in your perfect eyes, they're all I can see.

I don't know where.Confused about how as well.Just know that these things will never
Change for us at all.

If I lay here
If I just lay here
Would you lie with me and
Just forget the world?




Snow Patrol

6 comments:

Likalia said...

So good...:)

Anonymous said...

Hey V!

Speaking of Snow Patrol I was listening to their Eyes Open album last week and I came across their song You Could Be Happy. It was weird listening to it because I actually stopped what I was doing after listening to it for the first time and replayed it.

Upon listening to the lyrics carefully the second time I reflected back upon a certain relationship where these lyrics would've been perfect.

Since then I've played it a few more times. ;)

Strange how sime sings can give us that pause and reflection in life.

Victoria said...

Likalia, 's very good!

Ryan, that's totally what I did with this song too! Music's awesome that way. : )

Victoria said...

Oh, I'm very much not and it's funny that you think it's sad because I now see it as the most beautiful, uplifting song : ) Thanks for checking in on me though, I appreciate it! :D

So@24 said...

I totally reference this...

http://startingoverat24.blogspot.com/2007/07/its-going-to-be-one-of-those-huh.html

Victoria said...

D'you know what's interesting about music? And, all art, for that matter, I suppose... it can mean totally different things to different people. I think it's amazing that you feel it's a depressing song while I find it inspiring and enlightening! Music is cool that way, no?