Thursday 17 January 2008

And Light


Sometimes it's like we walk around with the shadows of our past relationships hanging over us, setting us up to fear things that haven't even happened yet, somehow inviting them to happen so that we can be proved right.

Maybe we need to remember some of the good things we got out of those relationships instead of focussing so hard on the "bad" things.

My past relationships have taught me so much that I need to remember.

I also like to think that each one that ends is bringing me that much closer to the one that won't.

Shadows aren't dark without the light. It just takes time, sometimes, and distance, to remember and see.

10 comments:

Jen Wilson said...

I totally agree. Past relationships can totally make you realize what you want, and what you don't. Mistakes are great to learn from.

Victoria said...

They are... I just wish they came easier sometimes : )

Susie said...

You're completely right. What's the point of a relationship if you don't take something away from it? If it doesn't make me grow and change, I don't want it :)

Victoria said...

: )

Yvonne said...

I have SUCH a hard time thinking about anything except the negative and how stupid I was to ignore the red flags. At some point I need to forgive myself and acknowlege the positive things. Why is it so hard?

Victoria said...

I know exactly what you mean. I don't know why it has to be so hard. Maybe it just does...to work? To help? So we'll learn?

Sigh. : )

Yvonne said...

I wish I'd learn faster! ;)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Perspective is probably the most difficult thing to obtain, and nobody bloody tells you, do they...

Alexandra said...

You're very right. But it's not easy to not just focus on the negatives...Learning from one's past mistakes is a very hard way of learning.

Victoria said...

Yvonne, I know!

Jonathan, nobody bloody tells you indeed.

Alexandra, it really is... sigh.