Monday 7 January 2008

January Follows December With A Month Of Rain *


Well, actually, around here lately, it's been more like a month of wind.

And, yes, I'm aware that January is merely beginning and that, yes, it has been raining, but dude. The wind? Has been awesome.

It's funny, it seems as if everyone around us has been getting some snow. (My girlfriend on the mainland even got a white Christmas!) But we just keep missing it. Or it keeps missing us. The wind however, has been a really regular visitor, and one I quite like. Wind is exciting and energizing and in the best of situations, power outaging. (Come on, y'all know they're fun when they're just long enough to let you get all cozy under blankets and use candles to play board games just before bed, right?)

So, yes, there may be rain, but I've hardly noticed it for all the wind.


*Remember?

5 comments:

dilling said...

If it was just the wind... but when it blows that cold rain sideways, too. Eeek. Some of the dog walks have been brutal. Nanaimo got snow last week...everywhere but down here in the south end. I guess we're just hotter down here.

Jonathan Beckett said...

I am back cycling to work now I've finished in London, and had completely forgotten about the wind.

This morning, while trying to turn the pedals against it, two dustbins fell over and went rolling past me.

Victoria said...

Dilling, it must be all that hotness keeping the snow away down my way too! ; ) I know what you mean about the sideways rain though. Brrr!

Jonathan, you just gave me the biggest laugh, what a great image! I remember biking to school back when I lived outside of Oxford on a day when it turned out there were hurricane force winds. Go figure. That'd explain why I felt like I was biking backwards, eh? ; )

Jenn O'Neil said...

I love rain and I love wind - I'm a complete bad weather lover. Nothing like snuggling up with a book or hey even a person when the weather is lousy.

Victoria said...

The snuggling may be the best part! Book or person : )