Tuesday 15 January 2008

Seasonal


I like this time of year.

And maybe I say that every season, but it's true. I like this time of year.

There were a bunch of pretty sunsets and then these awesome windstorms, and should we be lucky enough to get some snow, that's always awesome too.

I'm lucky that I don't have to spend much (if any) of my day out in the wild rain and weather so I get to admire it from inside. Especially in the evenings when I curl up under my blanket and drink hot drinks.

Winter's good and January's good.

It's all good, really.

What's the best part of Winter for you? (Or Summer, if that's where ye be.)

6 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I like the cold, crunchy mornings when the sky is clear and the air is fresh.

GF Girl said...

Winter is good when there is the hope for spring - like when the days get slightly longer, the sun is out and the world just doesn't look as dead, you know? Though to be honest, I love spring and the cherry blossoms, raining pink petals over the world

Michael Colvin said...

I like em all for a few weeks, then I get bored and want something different.

dilling said...

me? winter? not so much. when I met Michael, I was living on the Gulf of Mexico and LOVING it...swimming in the ocean by March....yeah.
I love how warm the bed is with Michael in it, when it is storming outside...but I still miss walking barefoot on the beach in March...

Tom H said...

December 22nd. The sun is on the way back north. Longer days and spring is on the way!

Victoria said...

Jonathan, I know what you mean about crunchy mornings! I love it when the grass freezes and it crunches or when the dirt has those ice pockety things! Ahhhhhh.....

Jenn, I know what you mean. There's something awesome about the pinkness! : )

Tod, how about we win you the lottery and you can fly to a different climate every few weeks? Sound perfect? I think so.

Dilling, I'm going to pretend to ignore everything you just said because if I start thinking about Mexico and the sun I may go a little loopy! La la la laaaaa!

Tom, I sure am enjoying the longer days, that's for sure : )