Friday 22 February 2008

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes


We all know how much I hate change.

Well, ok, maybe we don't all know how much I hate change, but you'll just have to trust me on this one. I'm not a fan of change.

None of it. Do not want!

But, you know, along with Death and Taxes, the only sure thing is change, right?

Right.

I'm getting a new computer.

There, I said it.

It's not so much a matter of necessity. As in, my current computer's not dead or anything (oh, geez, knock on wood, I may have just cursed myself!) but the situation is such that I can get a new laptop without becoming poor and destitute. Good, right? Well, yeah, except I have to give up my old laptop as a trade-in of sorts and even as I'm typing on it right now I'm missing it.

This has been a really good machine and we've been through a lot together. I started my blog on this computer and stuff. Sure, this computer has had its ups and downs, (mainly, I believe, due to the crazy electrical in this building, or possibly the plutonium implants I have in my fingers) but that doesn't mean I don't love it so totally.

So, sticky keys and broken speakers and all, I'm gonna miss this buddy of mine. *sniff*

All this to say, if all of a sudden I disappear from your sites for a while? It means I didn't manage to transfer my bookmarks effectively. Or something. Or maybe it means I can't figure out how to open up the new machine.

We'll see.

9 comments:

Likalia said...

Poor little laptop I'm sure it is just as sad that you have to give it up.

What is your new machine going to be?

Alexandra said...

I so need a new laptop yet keep putting it off. The money always seems to be better spent on something else ( ahem...shoes).

Enjoy your new buddy!

GF Girl said...

I have to agree with Alexandra - new shoes do rule over a new laptop... regardless, Enjoy!

McGone said...

All this to say, if all of a sudden I disappear from your sites for a while?

You're dumping us, aren't you? This computer thing is just a cover. Come on, V, just admit it!

Victoria said...

Likalia, I don't know if anybody's told my laptop yet. I know I won't be able to. *sniff*

My new one's gonna be a MacBook, but we won't talk about that yet, you know in case the other one's listening...

Alexandra, yeah, stuff does just keep getting in the way, I know!
; )

Jenn, shoes over laptops, eh? ; )


McGone, I didn't know how else to say it, buddy. It's not you... it's me.

Or something.

Jenn O'Neil said...

What kind of laptop?????

Victoria said...

A MacBook : )

Emma Gorst said...

May the spirit of your old computer live on in your new.

Victoria said...

Well, hey Aurora, I like that thought a lot!

Yeah, I'm going with that : )