Saturday 2 February 2008

Imagine I Just Called You. This is my End of the Conversation.

Hey. It's Victoria.

Oh, not much. Well, actually, yeah. No.

I wanted to talk to you. I, um.

Well, I just called Smith.

No, I know. I don't know why, I just did.

No, I'm not drunk.

Or crazy, thank you very much.

No, I'm not trying to get him back. I just felt like calling him.

I don't know.

No. He wasn't home.

I wasn't sure he would be.

Well, it's Saturday night.

He's probably out.

I don't know, visiting his family? Friends?

No he's not on a date, why would you say that? That's a horrible thing to say! Don't you know that all of my exes turn into monks because they can't see themselves dating anyone after me? Why would you ever ask that, la la la la I'm not listening!

No, he's probably just with his folks. Seriously, I hadn't thought about that til you brought it up. Can we just pretend he'll never date again? Kay. Thanks.

Yeah.

No, I was totally nervous. As in, heart thumpingly nervous.

No. I hung up when the answering machine came on.

Well, what was I going to say? I can't leave a message, what would I have said?

I don't know why I called, I told you I don't know why, it just seemed like the thing to do.

Yeah, I know. I'm not saying it was smart. No, I don't really know why I did either. Does it matter? I just guess I wanted to see what was going on with him. Plus, I would have called DD, but I can't remember his last name to look up his number.

Yeah. Maybe it's just the nostalgic blues. Oh well.

*pause*

Wanna go see Juno?

Get out more? I've been out enough thank you very much.

So what if it is Saturday , it's only 5. Maybe there's a wild party I'm going to and I just haven't told you about it.

No. There isn't. But I am going to the gym.

Hmm?

No, yeah, the back's better, thanks. So, call me tomorrow?

Um, yeah, no. Not even for the commercials.

Later dude.

11 comments:

Jenn O'Neil said...

It was nice talking to you!

If this was our conversation I would have never mentioned the date...

Victoria said...

That's because you're nicer than most of my friends! ; )

dilling said...

you should have come up here for Yucatan Lime Chicken Soup and wine... and now tv cuz everyone is already gone...I wouldn't let you near the phone. Well, unless you really wanted to use it....

Victoria said...

Yucatan Lime Chicken Soup sounds delicious! Yum! : )

Yvonne said...

Have I mentioned lately how awesome you are?!
(And uh, the conversation would also have gone quite differently had I been on the other end of the line.)

(I'm assuming Smith has caller ID so he'll still know you called even if you didn't leave a message?)

Michael Colvin said...

If he calls you back you can tell him you was high on your back medication at the time. Or your cat walked across the phone and it speed dialled him. NO! No, don't say he's on speed dial!

Victoria said...

Thanks Yvonne : ) And, he didn't have caller ID when we were together but he could now so... *shrug*

Tod, cat... hmm... high... OK. How about this? If he calls me back, I'll tell him that I was high on pain medication from the contorted sex positions my new boyfriend put me into and thought I was calling him to come back for more? Heh.

Yvonne said...

hehehe, tod rocks!

And that is the best explanation ever for the pain meds. >;-D

Victoria said...

heh heh.

Michael Colvin said...

Yup, I much prefer your explanation. On re-reading mine it sounds more like it came from a mad druggy cat lady.

Victoria said...

We'll have none of that! I should probably throw in the lottery win too then? ; )