Wednesday 2 April 2008

My Holiday. Point Form.


I went to Cuba.

It was awesome.

I've always wanted to go, so when the opportunity arose, I jumped at the chance.

Its capital city, La Habana, (Havana) is one of the most amazing, most interesting cities I've ever visited. I'll have to go back, I had no idea.

I was surprised by how lush the land was. And hilly. And green. Did I mention the trees? Everywhere?

It wasn't at all what I expected but somehow still was everything I'd expected.

I snorkeled for the first time since I was a teenager and I'm very glad I did. It was an 85 year old British man that convinced me I must; he said it was some of the best snorkeling in the world.

I met some very cool people and re-reminded myself that no matter where you go, we're all just the same when you get right down to it.

The music was fantastic. We don't dance enough around here.

I feel incredibly lucky to have experienced this country at this stage, I don't know if things will change, but I'm glad I was able to be there now regardless.

Much much more to say, many many more pictures to post but I'm still catching up with things.

Traveling will do that. . . but it's oh so very worth it.

Life is good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you had a blast! Did you bring back any cigars?

Yvonne said...

I'm so happy you had a great trip! ;)

I've always been curious about Cuba. I'll definitely add it to my list of places to visit. ;)

McGone said...

Spy business? They always send you to the best places!

Victoria said...

Slinger, nooooo, smoking is bad! Well, ok, maybe one or two, but I'll give them away :)

Yvonne, when you go, you must spend time in Havana!

McGone, they certainly do. It's one of the perks of the job. ;)

Michael Colvin said...

Sounds great, can't wait for the pics.

So, does this mean you are banned from The States now? Tee!Hee!

Victoria said...

I didn't ask! ; )

But, they didn't stamp my passport itself so I should be ok.