Wednesday 23 April 2008

Rattled


I really need advance warning if things are going to change, people.

I get all wacked out when I wake up one day and things aren't the way they were before.

Like, why, all of a sudden, does Google Chat work in Safari when it never has before? WHERE WAS MY WARNING?

And what's with the way I suddenly have a Bin that eats all my emails when I empty emails that aren't even in the Bin and oh my goodness I have no idea what's going on anymore and why does Yahoo mail tell me it's tomorrow when it's not?

I'm only half serious of course, but it does throw me off when something that's always been one way suddenly stops being that way without any warning.

Like, they dug up one of the streets around here recently and they put up signs *before* they did it to warn us. So instead of waking up one morning with a hole where the street was, I knew it was coming.

Really, all I'm asking is for just a wee tiny heads up. When, you know, it's possible.

Oh, did I mention the snow we had this weekend? Remember how we got none all winter? Yep, got some late April. Biz. Arre.

And since when does Juicy Fruit taste like that?

Kids these days don't know what they're missing.






And, apparently, I don't know my sanity's missing.

Go figure!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't log into Facebook then either.

They've now got this funky little messenger app that runs at the bottom of your browser.

GREAT!

Now I'm never going to ever get any work done when I'm playing around in Facebook with all their colourful little apps and...

Oh, wait a minute, I don't get any work done when I'm playing in Facebook anyway!

Well... now I'm just going to be stuck around playing in Facebook longer!!

*sigh*

So, ya, be careful V. Changes are everywhere today.

Anonymous said...

They don't put up signs around here when they're going to dig up the street. No, they have a stranger system.

When they finally get around to repainting faded old road markings, or painting in that bus stop they've been promising for years, you know, just KNOW, that the road is going to be completely resurfaced in the space of a week.

Works every time. Sadly enough.

dilling said...

Here they told us we were getting curbs and gutters, tore up all the old rounded pot holed ashphalt and now nobody's been back to give us the curbs...it's even uglier and has more puddles than before...grrrr.
What does Juicy Fruit taste like now? Aspertame? I haven't had that stuff since I was a kid.

Victoria said...

Ryan, I'm not a Facebooker, so I'm safe there. You, however, sound like you need Facebook rescued! ;)

Dominic, that's rather silly. Silly, silly, silly!

Dilling, maybe that's next year's project?
Juicy Fruit just tastes.... odd. I loved it when I was a kid but hadn't had some in years. Don't re-taste it, trust me. Just stick with the memory! :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Google have actually upgraded Google Mail. It's been in the works for a long time. The labelling is much better now than it used to be (check out settings/filters).

Facebook chat has been in the works for a long time too.

Victoria said...

Fair enough. I just needed a warning is all ;)