Tuesday 6 May 2008

A Couple of Things

First of all, I got the giggles at the dentist today.

I randomly something funny that happened at work and once I started giggling just. couldn't. stop!

I *honestly* had to make myself think of sad things like dead puppies, but then fact that I was forcing myself to think of dead puppies struck me as funny.

Thank goodness the hygenist cleaning my teeth was understanding.

And quick.

Second of all, Blogger has introduced advanced publishing, or whatever they call it; so that you can write a post and have it post itself at a certain time in the future.

I used to so wish it had this feature, but now that it's here I don't know if I'm going to use it much, if ever because it disturbs my routine of writing a post the night (or a few nights) before and then publishing it before I leave for work in the morning.

I kind of like that routine because it means I publish in the morning and then come home from work and check for comments to answer. I worry that if I let Blogger self-publish I'd get out of the routine and would forget to read comments, which is one of my favourite things about this whole site.

It's funny how I assumed it'd be awesome if it was here and now that it is I'm not so sure. Maybe I'll still use it if I go away for a couple of days or something, but that would feel weird to me; like I was writing but not actually there. Ghost writing. Spoooooooky!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

It probably says something about my personality that my first reaction to the idea of this feature was that it'd be a great way to freak people out by writing 'Beyond the grave' posts that won't appear until after you die. :)

Likalia said...

Wordpress has had that "advanced publishing" option for a while and I've never used it. I don't even use it when I go away for the weekend or something, despite trying to do my post a day thing. I guess if the right circumstances arose I would use it, but I kind of like pushing that publish button. :)

Alexandra said...

I can almost see using it if I travel. Which I really, really, really want to do right now - travel.

Laura said...

Oh hi; world traveller here (using a French keyboard waaaaay toooooo slooooowly) and for that reason I am way overly excited about advance publishing. But I doubt I should be saying so; that would make you think I might actually post something at some point and I really shouldn't let people get their hopes up like that.

Alexandra - cool! Travel! But seriously don't go thinking you will have an easy time with the Internet abroad... between being unable to upload pics, get regular access, and all the funky keyboards I've encountered, I've been a bad poster indeed.

Joaquín Estrada-Montalván said...

Victoria I like your posts and your Cuban pictures

saludos

Victoria said...

Dominic, that's hilarious! heh

Likalia, I think that's what it is for me too, I *like* pushing publish! ;)

Alexandra, I may get used to it, who knows. And, yeah, I thought about using it (when I didn't have it) every time I went away, but I dunno, we'll see! Hope you get travelling soon!


Laura, it's totally an awesome idea, eh? So glad the travels are going well, and how cool that you're still able to keep in touch with us all! :D Oh, and good luck with the foreign keyboards and stuff, I cracked myself up trying to use the internet and computer in Mexico. Heh.

Thanks Joaquín! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha I liked Dominic's comment, especially if you said something like, "I'm still alive, somebody let me out!!"

O_O!

But I wonder what it would be like setting up a post to appear in 100 years time?

It'd be like a time capsule thing.

Michael Colvin said...

I'm totally freaked out by the posting way into the future thing. In fact the very idea that my blog could still be online after I die is creepy too.

Now I'm gonna be obsessed about writing a future post for the next few days. Grrr..

Victoria said...

Ryan, that'd be so odd, the "let me out" thing! Oh dear! lol

But the time capsule is a neat thought, although, I imagine by then they'll be all "oh the internet, I remember that, how old school!" ;)


Tod, maybe I wrote this post a hundred years ago and you just don't know it, huh, huh?

(evil wicked laugh inserted here)

heh

Jenn O'Neil said...

I got the giggles the other day at lunch with friends of mine. I swear to GOD it was the first time in my adult life that I was seriously in jeopardy of peeing my pants. I love laughing that hard. Well really I guess those weren't the giggles but they started out that way!

Victoria said...

:) Nice