Wednesday 25 June 2008

Am I The Only One This Happens To?

Ok, do you know what else is really weird? It seems like a lot lately, when I turn off the lights to go to sleep, ideas for posts pop into my head.

And I always tell myself I'm too sleepy and it's too late and if I get out of bed and fire up the laptop and do some writing I'll never get back to sleepy state. And I always promise myself that I'll remember in the morning.

And sometimes I do remember the thought, but then I forget it again because I'm at work or whatnot and then when I sit down to write my mind goes blankity blank blank.

Which is kind of frustrating because I know I had something to say, I just can't remember, what the heck it was.

(Yeah, I know, I should/could keep a pad of paper beside my bed.)

7 comments:

Likalia said...

I do this all the time.

Though I have insomnia most of the time caused by thoughts floating around my head and still don't keep a notepad by my bed to jot notes on and help me get to sleep. Mostly because as you say you are trying to stay in the sleepy state and having to write throws that off.

Maybe you should get one of those little portable voice recorders then you don't even have to wake up just roll over press record, mumble, press stop, roll back over and to sleep.

(wow that all sounds very inarticulate to me - but I don't know if it is the lack of coffee or the insanity so I'm posting it anyway. :) )

Alexandreena said...

Happens to me all the time. I have a notebook by my bed at all times.

The Single Girl said...

Similar, but my inspiration is usually in the shower or on my walk to work. So a notebook isn't going to help me much.

But I totally know what you are talking about.

Victoria said...

Likalia, I should totally get a voice recorder thing. I bet nothing would make sense! That'd be hilarious!

Alexandreena, maybe worth a shot for me to do it too then eh?

TSG, I'm a total shower thinker too!

dilling said...

if I could wake up and write a screenplay from my dreams, I'd be rich....I think...I can't remember 5 minutes later, but while I am dreaming, I am aware that whatever I am dreaming would make a really, really good movie....and that feeling is all that remains upon waking.

Moe Wanchuk said...

I can never get think about blogging in bed...I'm constantly fighting my woman and her horny horny hands :)

Victoria said...

Dilling, we need to invent a dream recorder so you can make your millions!

Moe, sounds like you're a lucky guy ;)