Thursday 19 June 2008

Cat's Cradle

I don't know if I've talked about this before, so excuse me if I'm repeating myself.

I've often wondered why, but there are a few people that I see almost every time I go to the gym.

There's a woman and a man (that I think are married) who are in phenomenal shape. I usually see them at the same time, but have occasionally seen just the man.

There is also an older, very slim woman that I see.

On top of this, there are a few, maybe three or four more men that I see most times.

I haven't figured out why I keep seeing these people, because, sure, I go generally around the same time, but not always. Especially on the weekends; I might go at 11 one Saturday and 8 at night the next.

Which always leads me to wondering: are these people here a lot? Maybe they come a couple of times a day and I just happen to run into them during one of their times. Or, are we on some symbiotic schedule that we don't even know about.

I mean, it's one thing to run into the same people on the bus, right? You know you all have to get to work or school at a similar time and all, but this is different.

Maybe it's just that we're all regulars and have similar enough patterns that we cross paths occasionally and it just seems like "every time". I don't know.

I always just think it's cool.

We'd be the main characters in the tv sitcom of the gym, that's for sure.

And if it's like Cheers? I want to be Norm.

VICTORIA!!!!! (Mug of water slides down the counter towards me)

Heh.

4 comments:

Yvonne said...

a gym version of Cheers. I love it!
I want to be Carla. ;)
(Even if I'm not short enough. lol)

Victoria said...

You can *so* be Carla! ;)

Michael Colvin said...

Hee! Hee! This made me smile. :)

Victoria said...

Smiling is good ;)