Friday 20 June 2008

K is for Karma


Karma.

I believe in it. I do.

I can't say I have the knowledge to explain what I understand it to be, but I do think karma works; however you want to put it:

What goes around, comes around.

Treat others how you want to be treated.

You reap what you sow.

You get what you give.

You've been bad to me woman, but it's coming back home to you.

Etc, etc.

We've all heard it. I think just some of us respect the idea of it more. I was going to say "use" more, but it's not really something you use. Or is it?

How do you see Karma? Do you believe in it? Do you try to follow it in some ways?

I find it a very comforting thought and I also find it a good guide for living. Am I putting stuff out there I'd want back? If not, then it's time to make changes.

I think I'm doing pretty well.

7 comments:

Yvonne said...

I absolutely believe in karma. (Though at times think I must have been an awful person in a past life for some of what she's dishing me in this one! lol I know, I just can't see the bigger picture.)

David Maxam said...

my favorite quote lately...

"that which you feel the world with holds from you, you are with holding from the world"

Sort of like karma, or would that be karma in reverse?

Don said...

I don't view Karma as something that is mystic; I think it is based in reality. The way you treat others and the way you lead your life will almost always bounce back to you, positively or negatively. Buy someone a cup of coffee when they are short on cash, and they will most certainly return the favor when you are in need.

All that said, life can be random is either cruel or beautiful ways.

Likalia said...

I wrote my comment and then Karma kicked my butt for not working and deleted it. :)

Anyway, sometimes I wish Karma wasn't so busy and able to reprimand people for their negative behaviour sooner, but I know in the end it will work out.

Victoria said...

Yvonne, or maybe the stuff you're going through right now means really awesome stuff is coming your way soon!

David, good quote :)


Don, I fully agree about it being based in reality :D

Likalia, that's hilarious, a comment karma butt kicking!

Anonymous said...

Karma's as good an explanation as any for the weirdness in my life for the last year or so... ;o)

Victoria said...

; )