Wednesday 16 July 2008

Recent Video Watching Escapades Volume 1


While watching Cloverfield:
My friend turns to her boyfriend and says "Sweetie, the filming's not making you sick or anything? You ok?" He assures her he's having no problem with it. I, however, have to spend the next ten minutes watching the wall. Apparently you can *suggest* nausea to me and I'll catch it.

While watching the excellent Control:
I'm surprised to find myself bawling my eyes out and nearly hyperventilating when the main character commits suicide. Surprising, since this is the fictionalized story of Ian Curtis of Joy Division and I already know he's going to commit suicide.

While watching Atonement:
Me, for a grand majority of the movie: "Seriously. What is going on? "

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar reaction to Atonement. With strong overtones of "Is it nearly over yet?" followed by "Hang on, so how DID it end??"

Victoria said...

I won't say much about the ending in case it gives it away for anyone reading, but...dude.... wha?

Alexandreena said...

Yep. Ditto on Atonement.

Victoria said...

Heh. So glad it wasn't just me!