Wednesday 9 July 2008

Say

Say Victoria,
I've noticed that you've been using a lot of videos lately, most notably, a couple of beer commercial videos. Is there something you're trying to tell us here? Are you, like, addicted to beer? Or videos? Let me know if you need help. I'm always here for you.
Your biggest fan.

Hey Blog Observer and Critic Extrodinare From Inside My Own Head,
Thanks for your concern. No, I'm not addicted to beer, thanks. In fact, I can't say I've ever really enjoyed it. Sure, I drank it a fair amount in high school (No Mom, I didn't! I'm just joking. I didn't drink 'til legal drinking age and always in moderation.) but that was because even though I preferred coolers, guys tended to buy beer and that's who I was scoring drinks from. You do what you have to do when you're underage with no job or ability to buy tasty sweet girly California Coolers.
But I digress. I've never enjoyed beer, despite my occasional forays into the Great Canadian Beer Fest and now beer's officially on my "do not consume unless you want that painful stomach thing to happen" list from the allergist. (Along with many other things, some missed, some not) So, no. I'm not addicted to beer, thanks.
As for videos, I wouldn't say I'm addicted, no. See, I was looking for a good, proud Canadian photo to put up for Canada Day and couldn't find the one I took that I was thinking of. So I started searching the internets for other Canadiana and remembered that "The Code" ad that I always thought was funny. So I put that on. But then, just like when I found the never-ending vending machine links (curse you You Tube and your "related videos" clicky links) I started watching more and more Molson "I Am" ads and found that other one that kind of makes fun of Americans and Canadians at the same time so I put that one up for the Fourth of July and now I feel like I'm defending myself which makes me wonder if maybe I *do* have an addiction to videos.
I could stop, though, if I wanted to.

3 comments:

The Single Girl said...

Mmmmm Beer.

Jonathan Beckett said...

It's weird - I like beer and lager, but neither of them like me - and their effects have been getting worse over the years.

Worse to the point that I'm contemplating packing in drinking them altogether (a tradgedy).

Thankfully, wine seems to agree with me...

Victoria said...

TSG, a beer lover, eh? ;)

Jonathan, I know what you mean. At least I can still drink Gin! :)