Saturday 2 August 2008

Thanks!

Dude. I, like, got an award!

No, seriously. I did.

<----------------That's it right there! It (the award) originates from Arte y Pico, which has this explanation of the translation "something like, Wow. The Best Art. Over the top."

So Alexandreena was kind enough to pass this award on my way. Which made me go "nooo!" "awwww!" and blush, while grinning all at once.

It was quite the scene. It's too bad I didn't video it. But, well, I wasn't expecting it.

Am I not making sense? Sorry. I'm just a little... giggly or something.



And here are the guidelines as Alexandreena posted them on her site:

1) Choose 5 blogs that you consider deserving of this award based on creativity, design, interesting material, and overall contribution to the blogger community, regardless of the language.

2) Post the name of the author and a link to his or her blog so everyone can view it.

3) Each award-winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award.

4) The award-winner and the presenter should post the link of the “Arte y pico” blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.

5) Please post these rules.

And here's where I always fluster in things like this. See, I always feel bad for the people who don't get chosen; the kid who's picked last for the team kind of thing and as Alexandreena said, it's H to the ARD to pick just five people of all of the blogs and sites I read.

So, I'm going to do something a little different and link to five photoblogs or flickr streams that I visit and drool over, but who, I don't think, are readers here. My idea behind this is to try to introduce you all to some beautiful new art. Art that I think is "wow".

Art is good. And as the Arte y Pico site says, good art should be shared. So, thanks for thinking nice things about me Alexandreena! And I hope everyone likes these sites:

In the order that they came to me.....

1. Jim from extrametrical. One of the blogs I've been reading since I first discovered what the word meant. Always has a fantastic picture up.
2. Flickr's explore page. I can sit for ages refreshing this over and over and just going "wow" at the talent and creativity out there.
3. Moleskinerie. One of several groups on Flickr that has shots of people's art and doodles in their Moleskine journals. Very cool stuff in there.
4. Best ads on TV. Not precisely art, but you can check in regularly to see the latest "top" tv and print ads. Some very very interesting, moving things being done out there. And some funny ones too!
5. Heather B Armstrong. Aka Dooce. Probably the second or third blog I ever read, from a link on the first blog I ever read. As well as being a story-teller and writer, Dooce has glorious photos on her site and one day? I'll have me a Chuck. Or, as close to one as possible. I love me some Chuck. He's pretty. But, yes. Art. Plus, life. (And as a side note, Mrs Armstrong once sent me an email that gave me hope that there is a man out there worth waiting for. I've never forgotten that.)

So there you go. Some of the places I visit that regularly show me art that is everywhere.

And a bonus just for y'all since I love you so much? My flickr favourites: the photos I've found on flickr and want to marry.

I feel the need to draw or something. 'Scuse me.

2 comments:

The Single Girl said...

Congrats! That is a lovely award.

Victoria said...

Thanks! It's pretty, eh? :)