Wednesday 20 August 2008

Not Particularly Effective.

There's this ad I've seen a few times (and can't find on line to show you, sorry non-locals) that is asking BC residents to look at ways to reduce their carbon output. And stuff.

But the thing is, the ad starts out with these lines:

"Ever wonder what's causing global warming?"

(long pause)

"It's people"

And no matter, what, whenever I hear those words, I automatically think of this:


It's People!

Which is a quote I first remember seeing in a Saturday Night Live sketch years ago. (Which I also can't find)

My point is this: Whenever I hear "Ever wonder what's causing global warming?" I automatically start screeching "It's PEOPLE! It's PEEEEEOPLE!" which, you know, kind of takes my mind off of whatever environmental message is meant to come next.

Anyone else (who knows the ad) similarly afflicted or is this just me?

1 comment:

Likalia said...

lol

I don't have TV, but I'm sure if I saw the ad you are referring to I'd think the same thing because like you every time I hear that line I think "It's PEOPLE!" too. :)