Friday 26 September 2008

Kind of Creepy

I'm reading this book right now (that I picked up randomly off the shelf at the book store when I was in a little bit of a "must shop to make self feel better and I want new books because mmmmmm books" stage) that is giving me a little bit of the heebie jeebies. (Or, however it is you're supposed to spell that creepy feeling.)

See, the book is set partly now(ish) and partly in the main character's high school years. Which seem to be set in the same time as my high school years.

All the pop culture references are familiar. And not in a "I've seen a movie about that" kind of way, but in a "holy smokes, I lived through that" kind of way.

And I've got to tell you, it's weird.

Weird, weird, weird.

When's the last time a book creeped you out and why?

(Unrelated note: I'm going away for a couple of days so I may not get to readin' your comments as quick as usual, but don't let that stop you from sayin' hi n stuff!)

4 comments:

McGone said...

You're not even going to tell us the title? Or are you that secretive at Spy Central, you're afraid of giving clues to your age?

McGone said...

Never mind - I think I did the necessary detective work on the sidebar.

Courtney K said...

o. m. g.
i get in that same, "need to buy things to make myself feel better mmmm books" stage.
now, i know i gotta do the "hes just not that into you" but what is this book you have happened upon?

Victoria said...

McGone, I AM that secretive, we all are. It's part of our training.
Oh. You found it? ahem. nevermind.

Callalily, it's called Dedication and I picked it up because it was by the same authors as The Nanny Diaries, which I quite liked. :)