Monday 29 September 2008

PSA

So this is a reminder to people to occasionally empty out their email contact list.

You know, every five few years or so?

And why am I putting out this email reminder, you may ask?

Well, I got this email the other week. Spam, I figured because I didn't recognize the name and the subject was "so and so's (well it had their name in there put I'll keep it anonymous. as always) wedding pictures" and as I went to delete it, I saw that the links inside were to a legitimate photo sharing website.

Which got me wondering.

So risking the fact that clicking on one of the four different album links might take me to a spam site, I clicked and sure enough it was someone's wedding photos.

Now I didn't quite recognize the people. At first. And then one was vaguely familiar and then,eventually I started to figure out who the groom and best man were.

YEAAAAAAAAAARS ago I hung out with a group of runners (dreamy happy sigh) and a few years after that I somehow randomly re-connected to one of their brothers. Who had a friend who had a crush on me that was not reciprocated.

And apparently this fellow just got married.

And either just sent out the "here's our wedding album links" to everyone in his entire contact list or he specially kept my email for just this occasion.

I'm thinking the former.

So in order to not send your future wedding/new baby/naked party/etc. photos to practical strangers, you may want to go through your email contact list every once in a while.

Just a thought.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

hahaha
gotta love emails from obscure/obsolete sources!

Kinda suspicious though, if he does send out mass emails, and this is the first time you gone one in all these years!

Victoria said...

Totally obscure!
(and i'm only a little suspicious) ;)