Wednesday 17 September 2008

True Story.

You know how you can't sleep for the 15th night in a row because you have new neighbours and they won't STFU?

(You don't? Well, bear with me here, the story goes somewhere even if you don't have the same I want to claw out my eyeballs experience as I'm currently having.)

Well, when you're lying there desperately trying to fall asleep and your brain starts thinking of things to cling on to to lull yourself away from whatever it is that's keeping you awake (I do not need to know that you totally almost texted each other today my young, boomingly voiced friends) and you start going over song lyrics from old songs from the 80s?

And then you find yourself not knowing if the lyrics are "how do I get to alone?" or "how do I get you alone?" and you realize that you could Google search it but wouldn't it just be more fun to ask if anyone who reads your blog knows so then you get up and type a post all about it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's "get YOU alone". Because "get to alone" makes no sense :o)

She's singing about how she IS alone, but wants to be alone with HIM.

Assuming you're talking about the classic Heart song, anyway...

Ms Behaviour said...

At least they weren't having crazy rabbit sex like my neighbours where I can hear the bed creaking and she sounds like a puppy being strangled. That's not exactly a noise complaint I'm happy making to the building management. I sense though that noise complaints aren't an option for you?

Courtney K said...

yes yes get you alone would probably be the more reasonable answer but i know exactly how you feel in those situations.
usually i have to imdb a quote because i cant remember which movie is from.... :P

Victoria said...

Ooooooh Dominic, I have to disagree. Yes, the quote is get YOU alone, but "get to alone" totally makes sense!! Like, you've been in a relationship for a while and then it ends and you think "how did I get to alone?" See? My sleep-deprived mind totally makes sense! ;)

EB, bunny sex is seriously something that's awkward to complain about! I have already put in some complaints and the noise has gone from 10 to a 9... so while I'm trying to cheer on the positive, there's still more to go!

Callalily, I thought about getting up to google it, but then figured that would wake me up even more and then I'd never have a shot at getting back to sleep! ;)