Wednesday 15 October 2008

D'you Know What It Is?

This time of year is when it starts being "get up in the dark, get home from work in the dark" although right now it's get up in the not quite dark and get home in the getting close to dark.

But we've had a mixed bag of weather lately and I noticed something.

On the days when it's sunny (or at least sunnyish) it's not dark til 7:00 or even later and that's nice. It means I can leave work, go to the gym and still be going home with light out. But on the days that it's raining it's dark at 5:00. And that sucks.

So that's what it is around here that can make it drearier than it has to be: the rain and clouds.

Maybe this fall we could have a ban?

5 comments:

Laura said...

Well, you DO live in Victoria ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree I am in Michigan and these dark fall rainy days they make me feel tired far to early.

Victoria said...

Laura, that's true. Maybe California needs a new citizen? Or Hawaii? Or... Mexico? Or (name any other sunny place) ;)

Michelle, it does tired you out, eh? I vote for more sun! (Will that work?) :)

Ms Behaviour said...

Or you could develop porphyria? I miss the rain. It's friggin cold here in the centre of the universe. Okay fine, it's 14 degrees right now but my bones feel the dread wind chill of January already.

Victoria said...

Porphyria doesn't sound like much fun! 'Dread chill' heh.