Monday 20 October 2008

Most of the Time I Don't Even Notice

I miss having a boyfriend at the strangest of moments.

Like this weekend.

It was a sunny, relaxed Saturday after a long, evil week, and I'd finished my laundry and was starting to feel a little hungry.

I went to open the fridge and saw a takeout menu from a local restaurant, and suddenly, all I wanted was to call up my boyfriend and get him to come over, order some food and hang out.

The idea of being with someone close and comfortable that I didn't have to try to be anything but myself with. Someone I could just hang out with and relax. With company.

It's funny when it hits you like that.

7 comments:

Ms Behaviour said...

Yeah, what you said.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely ditto.

Alexandreena said...

I hear you. Now that I have that, it is sort of nice. But then he's also around when I want to watch crappy television while stuffing my face with junk food in my pajamas. That's less nice.

Victoria said...

Yeah, that's maybe not as great, Alexandreena! ;)

Anonymous said...

agreed....sigh

Victoria said...

sigh... indeed

Yvonne said...

yeah. ;(
Especially with the sudden appearance of snuggling weather.